Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is storage for the Internet. Through the use of pioneering techniques in storage & computing, customers can reliably store their data on Amazon’s proven computing infrastructure to achieve virtually limitless storage capacity at minimal cost. Amazon S3 provides a simple web services interface that enables customers to store and retrieve any amount of data from anywhere in the world. It provides all customers access to the same highly scalable, reliable, secure, fast, inexpensive infrastructure that Amazon uses to run its own global network of websites. The service aims to maximize benefits of scale and to pass those benefits on to the customers.
We are looking for a Software Development Manager (SDM) to join our new team in Berlin, Germany to help us build a next generation product. The ideal candidate is excited about the incredible opportunity that cloud computing represents, and is passionate about delivering quality services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities can shift fast. You have a strategic focus, yet retain hands-on management as you build your team. You have had success leading operational services and are ready to apply that experience at even greater scale. You will own the goals and roadmap of your engineering team and will have a major stake in the strategic direction of your software. You will be working with customers to design and build the technology that powers applications that you love like Airbnb, Netflix, Uber, and many more.
If this sounds like you, come join us and help AWS continue to write the cloud computing story for the industry.
Work-life Balance - Our team works together to provide work/life balance for all team members. We recognize that the circumstances of our team members vary, and we balance work across the team so we’re all able to maintain standards on behalf of our customers, while at the same time allowing for rich and happy personal lives.
On-Call Responsibility - S3 services are highly available, but there are times when we occasionally stray away from our normal operations. To minimize the impact of such excursions, we have on-call rotations. However, we set these up so there are focused time periods when you are on-call and when you are not, so you can focus on your day job when not on-call.
Mentorship & Career Growth - We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level, etc. We can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusive Team Culture - We have a diverse team and drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Our team members are active in Amazon’s 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Amazon Women and Engineering, and LGBTQ+
As an SDM and service owner in Amazon S3 , the primary responsibilities of this role are:
· Leading your team with an inclusive culture and create a sense of belonging.
· Owning your team’s product roadmap from ideation to post production operation.
· Hiring, developing, and growing your team of talented engineers. A successful service starts with a great team, and delivering through others is your primary responsibility.
· Defining and executing on a roadmap for your service. You’ll know and talk with your customers on a regular basis, as well as using data and metrics to understand how your service is used, and build and deliver on a roadmap that delights them
· Making the operation of your service safe and sustainable. Leaders in AWS know the details of their service and prioritize the right improvements to keep things running smoothly.
· Project ownership. You’ll drive execution of projects within your team and work with your peers to keep everyone aligned. You’ll clearly and transparently communicate status to leadership and get help where needed to keep your team unblocked.
· Contributing to the overall Amazon S3 leadership team. You’ll be part of defining our culture, ensuring our teams have everything they need to be productive and excited to work at AWS, and helping to drive local and global initiatives that improve life for all our teams.
· Providing on-call product support
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar, or comparable years of experience
· Proven skills in designing and developing solutions to complex problems in a large scale enterprise environment
· Several years experience managing high performing software development teams with varying degrees of seniority
· Proven technical credentials with hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
· A track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
· Demonstrated ownership of software engineering roadmap and experience with managing the day-to-day activities of a team using Agile/Scrum processes
· A track record of communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders and with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Experience with telemetry, optimization, and/or machine learning
· Experience driving continuous quality improvement initiative
· Experience with big data and massively-scaled distributed computing
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.