Come Shape the Future of ! We are a team of engineers, living and breathing at the intersection of technology and . In the future, of both goods and people will be centered around technology, with consistent innovation around better safety, reliability, and efficiency. AWS aims to power the future of through rapid innovation and scale only possible through cloud infrastructure. Come join us in building the future of !
Responsibilities As a back-end engineer, you will design and develop micro-services and Rest APIs of indefinite scale. You will build, deploy and maintain backend software components to extract, transform and load billions of data sets with minimum latency. You contribute to the internal and customer facing technical specification of our products and work with engineering and product teams to build features on our roadmap, at scale. You automate as you go, and dont back down from any technical challenge. You are excited to learn from others while bringing your own novel capabilities and perspectives to our broader team.
Team Our team is global, based in the US (west coast) and Germany. Our US teams typically start earlier in the day to have a couple of hours of overlap with our Germany teams (who typically work later in the afternoon).
We are intentional in attracting, developing and retaining team members from diverse backgrounds. Our diversity of thought coupled with the endless curiosity within our team is our greatest asset for innovation. We are looking for people to help us build an inclusive and supportive growth environment for team members to work hard, make history, and have fun.
Mentorship and Career Growth: Our engineers and leaders come from diverse perspectives and backgrounds across technology and fields, and are excited to share their experiences and mentor more junior engineers. Team members are encouraged to set up mentorship relationships with senior engineers on our team, but also across the broader AWS and Amazon population. Our diversity of thought coupled with the endless curiosity within our team is our greatest asset for innovation.
· BS in Computer Science or similar.
· Ability to design optimised Data structures and algorithms.
· 2+ years experience in fundamental backend technologies and design patterns such as Serverless, big data, streaming at scale.
· 2+ Experience in at least one OOP language such us Java or Scala.
· 2+ Experience in at least one scripting programming language such as Python.
· Relevant experience working with big data processing pipelines
· Familiar with Network Protocols such us and Ethernet
· Experience with open source tools and resource
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
· Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
· Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
· Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways