Amazon’s Supply Chain Team is looking for a talented, driven, and highly analytical Sr. Supply Chain Manager (m/f/d) based in Munich. This high visible role will require working with multiple stakeholders and the leadership team. The candidate will be responsible for planning business metrics such as revenue, profit, inventory and purchase amount for our seasonal categories. The candidate will also play a key role in fulfilling customer demand for our largest seasonal businesses in Germany, ensuring we have the right quantities, in the right place, at the right time.
Areas of responsibility include:
· Develop plans on revenue, profit, inventory and purchase amount for the category in charge
· Prepare budgets for seasonal buys working in close cooperation with the relevant vendor manager.
· Own the A to Z planning & buying process, propose improvements and align to best practices across EU and with other seasonal categories
· Manage inventory health by ensuring efficient inventory flows and defining ad-hoc promotional campaigns.
· Work with various internal teams to help drive tools and process improvements that affect purchasing and demand forecasting
· Troubleshoot and drive resolution for systemic issues that reduce the accuracy of system generated forecasts
· Work with buyers and supply chain managers to plan seasonal product and reduce errors in forecasting
· Work with cross functional IT teams to further automate key processes
· Passionately advocate for the customer and category within Amazon
For this position, we expect:
· Relevant university degree in business or engineering
· Proven, successful supply chain professional with several years of experience in inventory planning, demand forecasting and buying or top tier consulting
· Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
· Advanced Excel skills
Further qualifications would be a plus:
· MBA from renowned business school
· Proven track record in taking ownership, driving results and moving with speed to implement ideas in a fast-paced environment
· Cultural awareness as well as the ability to function well in a large global environment and to work effectively across internal and external organizations throughout Europe
· Highly innovative, flexible and self-directed
· German language skills
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills with extensive business acumen; Experience in seasonal planning processes; SQL and experience in working with large-scale, complex datasets; Basic statistical knowledge
Are you interested? We look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV and covering letter in English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation or any other assistance, please let the recruiting team know and they will support you with the necessary actions throughout the interview process.
Did you know that Amazon is offering various jobs in part-time? If you want to apply, please filter for “part-time” in the job type search section on amazon.jobs.