At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there we need talented and focused people.
We are looking for a Food Safety Operations Manager to join our team and please note this role can be based in multiple EMEA locations i.e. UK, Germany, Italy.
Our vision for Food Safety is to support Amazon’s mission of offering the widest selection of products available, while protecting customers from potentially hazardous products. We are looking for a dynamic and organised self-starter with a solid background in food safety program management to join our team. This role will support business leaders in the food operations within Amazon EMEA and essential skills and abilities for the role are:
· Influence: the ability to identify opportunities, influence business teams and operations to gain support for food safety by creating effective, persuasive, balanced positions through the use of data.
· Leader: significant experience collaborating with and influencing cross-functional teams. Previous experience of implementing food safety programs within a business.
· Doer: no job is too trivial. Compliance leaders dive deep and have exceptional attention to detail. Must have the ability to effectively visualise and improve end-to-end process requirements, program implementation, and continuous improvement, working through the obstacles along the way.
· Communicator: ability to communicate food safety and quality expectations and requirements with business leaders and all cross-functional support teams at all levels of the organisation. Must have the ability to write well-reasoned and data-driven white papers, leveraging science, research, industry benchmarking and trends where necessary.
· Problem Solver: Solid problem-solving skills required. Events may require quick, high-judgment decisions, and the ability to direct teams to work through difficult situations.
As a high-level summary the deliverables are:
· Responsibility for developing and improving Food Safety Operations programs;
· Good ability to risk assess operational processes to determine required food safety and compliance interventions, auditing mechanisms, and regulatory impacts of business models;
· Work with Legal to provide food safety and compliance direction to Operations, to meet standards and requirements;
· Proven ability to make high-judgement decisions, in a time-sensitive situation;
· Write policies, standards, and SOPs for food business processes and procedures. Creation/implementation of training programs to improve food safety execution.
· Oversight of operational requirements that define risk based food safety standards, including: pest control, auditing, chemical/cleaning and janitorial services and provider-requirements (food safety statements of work);
· Proven ability to promote food safety compliance across a large business by using data to identify compliance trends and to update policies/procedures to close operational food safety gaps.
· Write and edit business review documents to update business stakeholders about the Food Safety and Compliance initiatives and performance of their respective business;
· Determine when to leverage consultants for test protocols, validations, research and benchmarking for relevant business needs;
· Create and monitor business metrics to track compliance and process effectiveness and define cadence of reporting to businesses and stakeholder groups;
· Experience in food science or related field;
· Profound Program Management skills;
· Proven experience creating sustainable processes;
· Profound knowledge of EU Food Regulatory Framework;
· Strong verbal and written communication skills;
· Experience leveraging technology to bring about process improvements;
· Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team, including adherence to core values and innovative corporate culture;
· Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting;
· Understanding of industry standards and hygienic design requirements;
· Experience of Food Safety and Quality in a large scale environment;
· Experience interacting with national and local regulators;
· Experience interacting within industry focus groups;
· Experience using and suggesting improvements to product management technology; including customer feedback trending software, facility auditing software, response management software and facility compliance databases.
· HACCP plan development experience (intermediate or advanced HACCP training);
· Ability to travel internationally (mainly EU)
· Six Sigma/FMEA experience