The Payments Business Operations (PBO) team is looking for a talented Program Manager who can lead projects related to Direct Debit.
Payments Business Operations Team supports the larger payments teams including software development, product management and technical operations. The Business Operations team is the first escalation point for payment transactional issues, receiving escalations from internal clients such as Customer Service, Finance, Accounting and Fraud as well as third party partners and banks relied upon to process payments. Additionally, this team is responsible for driving operational efficiencies and escalation reduction opportunities. This team manages the operational relationship with third party payment partners, advocating for customer experience and driving operational improvements.
This Berlin based role, will support managing the performance of our European Direct Debit providers and pushing those partners to continual raise the bar. The role requires maintaining strong relationships with external partners and collaboration with internal customers to identify points of friction, build business cases, propose requirements and advocate for customer experience improvement projects. You will be a subject matter expert regarding all things European Direct Debit.
The ideal applicant will possess both a business background that enables them to drive product delivery as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software development engineers.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision. He or she must be a fast learner, who can quickly absorb the nuances of Amazon's varied payment offerings as well as the behavior of Amazon's internal systems.
You will be data driven in your decision making, with the demonstrated ability to drive issues to completion and have a passion for eliminating friction in the payments space. Experience with the payments industry is preferred.
· Deep diving the payment customer experience and understanding the nuances of Direct Debit payments (partner specifications and payments industry capabilities to identify best in class performance), across Europe.
· Recommending, grounding (with data and financial justification) and contributing to drive projects to improve customer pain points, and working with external CS team to support/reduce/eliminate those issues.
· Closely managing relationships with our BPO partners, holding them accountable for day-to-day performance.
· Advocating and persuading internal stakeholders to prioritize improvements based on feedback from customers and our BPO partners.
· Working with product teams and program managers to obtain feedback and incorporate meaningful changes into our documentation and training approaches.
· Identifying and implementing ways to get messages from large CS teams to production teams and vice versa.
· You will be expected to dive deep in all areas of the Direct Debit payment customer experience.
· You will be expected to demonstrate significant annual efficiency improvements.
· Moderate international travel.
· Language skills: Fluency in German and English
· Multiple years of work experience in a business and technical field
· Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities
· Experience driving small to medium sized projects
· Experience driving continuous improvement programs/projects.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
· Experience influencing and working with technology teams
· Payments industry experience, a plus
· SQL, a plus
Are you interested? We look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV and covering letter in English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation or any other assistance, please let the recruiting team know and they will support you with the necessary actions throughout the interview process.
Did you know that Amazon is offering various jobs in part-time? If you want to apply, please filter for “part-time” in the job type search section on amazon.jobs.