Flexible location in DACH.
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for world class candidates to lead and manage our partnerships that support our most Strategic Partners. Do you have the business savvy and industry expertise necessary to position Amazon as the technology platform of the future? As a Partner Business Development Manager (BDM), you will have the exciting opportunity to deliver on our strategy to build mind share and adoption of Amazon’s infrastructure web services (Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, Amazon SimpleDB, and Amazon SQS) across AWS’s most strategic business partners and the customers they support.
You will provide consulting to strategic partners to develop and execute their GTM strategy on AWS by collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders. This role will get Partners GTM ready by 1/ developing clear value proposition by working backwards from high priority customer problems, 2/ creating solutions/services by leveraging AWS services, 3/ helping partners build differentiated value messaging and collateral, 4/ Evangelisation and Enablement through lunch & learn with both AWS Sales and Partner Sales, 5/ Driving executive and field relationships with partners, customer, and the AWS team, 6/ Leading pipeline reviews, account planning and joint close plans.
You will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth via partner led and AWS supported opportunities. You will work with the Partner Development Managers and broader AWS Partner Network (APN) Segment teams to identify and engage partners focused on solution areas including business applications, big data, IoT, migration, managed services, digital transformation, and industry verticals.
The ideal candidate will possess a sales background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, as well as a solid technical sales background that enables them to easily interact with technical leaders within and outside of AWS. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
· 7+ years of sales and/or business development experience in the High Tech industry
· Experience engaging and influencing C-level executives, both business and technical
· Experience creating and managing pipeline and output metrics reporting
· Experience presenting and articulating complex business and technical concepts to cross-functional audiences
· Experience working effectively across different sales, business development, and technical teams
· fluent in german and english
· Experience working with Systems Integrators (SI) and Independent Software Vendors (ISV) to drive strong customer outcomes and new sales growth
· Prior direct sales experience
· International field experience and/or experience working with the Global 100
· Experience with complex bid and proposal processes that bring together multiple partners to formulate and submit winning proposals
· Verbal and written communications skills
· Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.