At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Operations is at the heart of what we do, delivering millions of packages each day and fulfilling customer orders from all over the world. Amazon is seeking a Senior Finance Manager within EU Global Transportation Services (GTS) Finance Team.
About the role:
As a Senior Finance Manager of EU GTS, you will lead a team of managers and analysts. You will have end-to-end responsibility over Amazon’s Transportation network in the EU, collaborating with business leaders to deliver billions of packages. Partnering with the VP and Operations Heads of EU GTS, you will have end-to-end P&L responsibility of multi-billion dollar budgets. You will set the vision for the finance team, including driving a technology vision to drive controllership and productivity within the team while also collaborating to reduce costs and improve quality within our deliveries. You will be able to both drive short-term improvement while also setting the long-term vision for both the finance team and the broader organization. This is a hugely exciting role for a seasoned finance leader able to drive continuous improvement while maintaining focus on driving transformative change to prepare the team for the long-term.
· Partner with the Operations Heads of EU GTS to build both short and long term business plans that facilitate expansion and productivity/process improvement.
· Oversee the Outbound Shipping COGS close processes, including communicating clear deadlines and expectations with finance and business partners across the full Operations organization.
· Partner with the EU Consumer Finance team and Worldwide Transportation Controllership team to own Product Line and Channel allocations for Shipping COGS
· Obtain a deep understanding of the EU Outbound Transportation business and provide tactical and strategic guidance to leaders across Global Delivery Services and Amazon Transportation Services at all levels.
· Hire and develop the EU GTS finance team, including developing and executing the team vision. Strategically upgrade the team through organizational planning and development.
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics or similar degree
· 7+ years of work experience in finance, transportation, operations, or a related role
· 3+ years of team leadership experience
· Proven track record of owning and driving results individually and through a team.
· Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting and problem solving.
· Strong ability to work with business leaders to deliver results, including the ability to persuade with data.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
· An eye towards continuous process improvement, including the ability to innovate and simplify both finance and operational processes.