Come build the future of database developer environment for the most powerful databases in the cloud!
If you are an experienced Software Development Manager who is passionate about building the platform for database developers, then this is the job for you.
The AWS SQL Workbench team is responsible for developing a programming environment for database developers that combines SQL queries, User Defined Functions and Stored Procedures for application developers to produce powerful yet simple business logic for data transformation. Data developers can optimize their data transformations through query monitoring and system statistics. This will be an integrated development platform with M/L and Data Science.
Software Development Managers work with technical leaders to refine technical direction, hire and develop the skills of the teams they lead, and own the delivery of the products and programs they're tasked with. They are equally comfortable leading small, focused project teams as well as making major direct contributions to the project. They deliver features, through their teams, with minimal direct oversight. They are also adept at recruiting and developing bar-raising talent.
Candidate will be entirely comfortable with database technologies, SQL, Cloud deployments, writing tools for operational monitoring, and familiar with build processes and release management.
· BA/BS in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
· 5 Years of demonstrated technical leadership and team management
· Industry experience with database internals, development environments, cloud scale enterprise deployment
· Proficiency in tools such as pipeline builds, test results analysis
· Demonstrated ability to plan and deliver complex, high quality, software products with minimal guidance
· Demonstrated ability to deliver results with cross-organizational dependencies
· Demonstrated ability to dive deep as well as be strategic
· Hire top performers
· Strong written and vernal communications skills
· M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science
· 5+ years as development manager
· Work with distributed teams
· Experience with security aspects of cloud applications