In this role, you need to be technically capable and credible in your own right, as well as useful in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. You must enjoy learning and introducing new technology to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. Furthermore, establishing thought leadership by looking beyond the technology, considering the value technology creates for our customers, and helping to change technology perspectives is an essential aspect of the role. You will help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with internal teams within AWS such as our service and engineering teams, business development, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
You will also enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You have a passion for educating, training and enabling relational database experts for a diverse and challenging set of commercial customers. Have a strong understanding of commercial and open source based relational databases. The ideal candidate has prior experience leading a team of solution architects or consultants. You enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones so that you can make substantial contributions to in-depth architecture discussions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Engage with customers and critical AWS business partners such as product teams, business development, professional services , partners, and support.
· Hire, onboard, train, and develop new database Specialist Solutions Architects from internal and external sources
· Educate commercial customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to design purpose-built database solutions for successful deployment in the cloud
· Build and coach the team on the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS
· Capture, share and scale best-practice knowledge amongst customers, and the AWS solutions architect community
· Build deep relationships with decision makers within customer accounts to enable them to be "Cloud advocates."
· Act as a conduit and liaison between customers and service engineering teams and shape service offerings.
· Proven design and implementation experience with relational databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle or SQL Server. Be involved in different stages of the lifecycle (schema design, Query Tuning and Optimization, HA/DR implementation and operational management)
· Proven track record in building inclusive organizations and working across teams to achieve common goals.
· Demonstrated experience in establishing a solutions architecture practice and developing scaling mechanisms that can be leveraged across an organization.
· Knowledge of the underlying infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization.
· Business fluent English is required for customer interactions, internal communication, and collaboration with the worldwide teams.
· Academic background Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent professional experience
· Experience communicating and working with Developers, IT, Chief Data/Technology/Product Officers to articulate database strategies and plans.
· Experience of data migration techniques and process planning including transaction processing, security, logging and monitoring.
· Experience of advanced deployment architectures such as availability, resiliency and fault tolerance.
· Deep understanding of AWS services related to databases highly desirable, particularly Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora
· Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
· Experience managing technical teams