Embrace the challenge and accelerate your growth with Amazon’s International Public Policy and government Affairs Team. The public policy - community relations manager will join a growing and dynamic team, that works across Europe, Middle East, Africa, India and Asia Pacific, in support of Amazon’s global consumer retail business. Like our business interests, our policy issues are broad, forward-thinking, and driven by what is best for our customers. The International Public Policy team works with a wide range of national, local, and supranational policymakers, industry organizations, and non-governmental organizations across policy issues spanning the consumer and commercial environment.
At Amazon we care strongly about the communities in which we operate and where our employees live and work. We are seeking a Community Relations Manager to join the Public Policy team to help us build and sustain strong relationships locally and regionally. The ideal candidate will have experience in building and fostering relationships with municipalities, regional government officials, community leaders, local business leaders and associations and citizens. The Community Relations Manager will collaborate closely with internal stakeholders including site leaders, Public Relations, HR, Public Policy and Amazon In The Community teams in Germany and internationally. The role will be based in Berlin.
Responsibilities for this position include:
· Developing and owning a community engagement strategy to develop and sustain strong business and community relationships
· Developing and coordinating outreach programs to engage with municipalities, with regional officials, citizens, community leaders, industry associations and business organizations..
· Serving as the primary interface with local government officials and authorities, business leaders and community representatives
· Developing dynamic and dialogue-oriented communication processes with members of the community.
· Initiating and building networks with associations, municipal and scientific organizations, businesses and non-governmental organizations.
· Supporting Amazon leaders to communicate the company’s vision and priorities within the community and engaging with community leaders.
· Attending local events and activities, engaging in local public speaking engagements, participating on local boards and committees to represent the company and build strong relationships with community members.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher
· Minimum of 10 years of experience working in public affairs, government relations, public relations, non-profit organizations, community affairs, employee relations or related field
· Proven track record of building and fostering relationships with internal stakeholders and external partner organizations
· Written and spoken proficiency in German and English
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team and within highly matrixed, complex organizational structures
· An entrepreneurial spirit, including the ability to work independently and autonomously
· Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity, and resourceful in problem-solving
· Comfortable speaking to a wide variety of audiences including civic association or regional business groups
· Ability to manage sensitive or controversial situations and discussions with divergent views
· Maintain the highest personal level of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity.
· Excellent organizational, communications and writing skills
· Strong project management skills
· Attention to detail
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.