Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online by giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Within Amazon, the CTPS Content Management team (CCM) develops high-quality, user-centered content for the Selling Partners and individuals who sell goods and services through Amazon, and for the team that helps sellers when they contact Seller Support.
The CTPS Content Management team is looking for a strong Manager with experience in content strategy and new ways to deliver content to global users to improve the customer experience.
The successful candidate will manage a team of global editors in several locations. This includes regular meetings with direct reports and the global team /business stakeholders, resource planning/allocation, delivering programmatic goals, and managing the team’s performance. Additionally, the candidate would also be expected to manage the timely flow of all translation project activity from start to finish working in collaboration with stakeholders globally. This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities and project management skills. The candidate must be a self-starter, with strong attention to detail, capable of diving deep, and able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Great interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication, time management, ability to multi-task efficiently, and openness to change are required. Demonstrated affinity for technology and a background in technical writing, editing, and information design would be a plus. A passion for communicating effectively and the ability to work with little or no supervision are essential to the role.
· Minimum 5 years as Team Manager/Lead of a technical writing or documentation team.
· Minimum 10 years in technical/content/business writing and editing with experience owning editorial and technical style guides.
· Bachelor's degree in Communications, or related field.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication and project leadership skills, including an ability to communicate effectively across cross-functional teams.
· Proven leader who has a demonstrated record of managing a documentation/content team and on-time delivery of projects.
· Skilled at managing people: hiring, team building, conflict resolution, and performance management.
· Demonstrated ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes.
· Leadership/project management skills, with the ability to lead cross-functional discussions and to effectively scope and deliver projects under tight deadlines.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
· Experience in shaping enterprise-level translation and localization strategies or working as part of a global team supporting multiple languages.
· Experience with HTML, XML, DITA, Agile collaboration tools (i.e. JIRA), and content management systems (CMS).
· Experience with technical, user and business issues in a fast moving digital organization
· Experience in management of instructional content strategies including content reduction, content tagging and metadata strategies.
· Preference is for candidates with exceptional analytical skills, project management and interpersonal skills along with an intense customer focus.