This position can be based Remote (Germany) or based in varied locations in Germany with 60% of time travelling either domestically within the country or to other EU countries.
The Senior Safety Launch Program Manager will be responsible for partnering with the Launch and Engineering teams to promote the safety deliverables required when opening new sites. They will carry out the new site safety start-up plan to help ensure the site implements our company safety procedures and all applicable local and regional regulations. The Senior Safety Launch Program Manager will coordinate safety start-up functions.
The ideal candidate demonstrates the ability to build trust and confidence with the Design, Engineering, Construction, Startup, Launch and New Site Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) teams. This team member should be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. They will be required to possess solid safety and relevant environmental and ergonomic knowledge and to demonstrate this expertise when working with Operations and Engineering teams.
· Coordinate and monitor the safety start-up plan for all new sites.
· Ensure Amazon buildings are designed and built compliant to regulatory and Amazon standards.
· Conduct design composite reviews for compliance with Amazon standards and regulatory requirements.
· Conduct site safety, health and environmental commissioning inspections.
· Create and maintain punch lists with relevant teams.
· Identify the required safety supplies for new site start-up. Assist in the procurement of the safety items. Set-up all site safety supplies onsite as needed.
· Perform regular analysis and risk assessment of new build processes and equipment for site safety improvements and continuous standards improvement.
· Develop safety commissioning lists with relevant teams.
· Set-up new site in all appropriate safety databases.
· Inspect and certify PIT equipment meets Amazon requirements.
· Schedule applicable Safety training for site Safety team and managers with a local trainer.
· Develop a positive working relationship with stakeholders involved throughout the project.
· Project Work for topics relating to the network.
· Maintain communication with Operational Directors and General Managers.
· Guide and influence cross functional teams as required to deliver safety centered processes and building designs.
· Review operations and determine the required site safety signage.
· Educated to degree level in safety, ergonomics, engineering or a related field or in the process of being completed.
· Several years of experience in safety or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, engineering/facilities or service operations.
· Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
· Experience in supervising multiple direct reports and interacting with cross functional teams.
· Proficiency with Microsoft office.
· Master’s degree.
· Distribution Center or Manufacturing Safety experience with mix of exempt and non-exempt employees at a site of at least 250 people preferred.
· Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH) or Country specific equivalent.
· Fluency in additional languages.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Note to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.