Senior Data Engineer (Spark) - Algorithmic Data Products (m/f/d)
Zalando Lounge is the fastest growing part of Zalando, now turning over billions of euros each year. That said, there is so much untapped potential with respect to personalization and recommendation.
You will be the senior data engineer, leading others to build a large scale recommender system. We are the largest online fashion retailer in Europe, as such we need an exceptional engineer who can write Machine Learning pipelines in Spark at a global scale. You will own everything from batch / stream preprocessing, model training, and model / feature distribution to the real time recommender system.
This is proper greenfield development, on a scale that few engineers ever get the opportunity to experience. You will have full autonomy to direct architectural decisions, and help to implement state of the art ML recommender algorithms. There are very few roles which offer this unique synthesis of scale and ML complexity.WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Provide critical data infrastructures like large-scale ETL processes, DWHs, stream processing and batch processing pipelines, large-scale high-throughput/low-latency data stores, data governance mechanisms and so on
- Improve the pace of innovation by building and improving ML infrastructures such as training/evaluation frameworks, experimentation frameworks
- Collaborate with brilliant Product Managers, Data Scientists, Engineers and Analysts across Zalando to create positive customer impact together
- Help define our team's objective. Continuously improve the self-organization of the team.
- (Senior) Mentor and grow junior and mid-level members of the team
- Foster an inclusive & diverse team environment
PERKS AT WORK
- 3+ years of experience in large-scale data engineering using open source technologies
- Solid experience with large-scale batch processing and/or stream processing (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, Flink, Storm, Apache Beam, Kafka, Airflow, Oozie etc.)
- Passionate about topics like data democratization, data governance, privacy, data quality assurance
- Proficient in at least one of: Python, Scala, Java
- Excellent knowledge of distributed databases, especially high-throughput/low-latency data stores like DynamoDB, Cassandra, Aerospike, Redis etc. is a strong plus
- Passionate about promoting inclusive culture practices and processes that are models for others
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs , product demos, parties & events.
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings.
- Extensive on-boarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities, and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.ABOUT ZALANDO
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.ZALANDO LOUNGE
Zalando Lounge is an online shopping club for fashion and lifestyle products in 11 countries. We offer our members daily, time-limited sale campaigns with discounts of up to 75% off the recommended retail price. Our strength lies in our focus on fashion: from sought-after labels to niche brands - we make sure to meet the fashion taste of all our customers. Working with our brand partners, we pioneer innovative supply-chain and production processes, and offer them an impactful and smart solution, creating a new way to shop for fashion - and a new way to sell it.
Please note that all applications must be completed in English using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten