Engineering Manager - Team Balance
As an Engineering Manager for our Balance team, you will lead and grow an engineering team with a history of successfully completed projects and implemented services. Your joint mission is to ensure our 32+ million customers are charged and refunded correctly at the right time. You lead a team of 4 engineers and collaborate closely with Product, Payments, SAP and other engineering and business teams to design and deliver impactful projects that increase our customers’ satisfaction. You will be responsible for professional growth and development of your direct reports by conducting one-on-one meetings, evaluating individual performance and providing a development plan.
- We solve things that matter to the customer and business. Our product organization is embedded in the team enabling us to design, measure, and monitor meaningful innovations that provide the most reliable order processing experience.
- Our team consists of professionals from several different countries. We grow together and our collective experience makes us stronger.
- Our domain area is large and it takes time to become familiar with it. We focus on long term relationships. We like to mentor and coach new team members so that they grow professionally and feel comfortable at work. You will enjoy the team, get opportunities to learn new technologies, and experience many challenges.
- Our code runs for years at scale and we value easy-to-understand and maintainable solutions. Therefore, we employ API-first and make robust architectural decisions.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Help build up, lead, manage, inspire and grow a product-driven team of 4 engineers while ensuring smooth delivery and continuous improvement
- Manage stakeholders and dependencies, work closely with the product counterparts on solution planning, design and implementation (internal and external)
- Take architectural decisions, contribute to the priorities, spearhead the documentation and learnings from incidents
- Ensure system-reliability engineering and technical compliance
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Leader with a proven track record for leading high-performing engineering teams
- Open-source contribution mindset, open to improving and contributing to premises owned by other teams in a large scale and diverse technical environment
- Great communication skills and experience driving innovation across multiple teams
- Passionate about solving customer problems
- Passionate about professional development of engineers in the team
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 34 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests andlanguages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten