Principal Software Engineer - zDirect Builder Platform (Marketplace) (w/m/d)
Zalando is in the process of transforming from a traditional e-retailer to an ecommerce platform, the Partner Program. To enable this transformation, we have created zDirect, focused on helping our partners (Brands and Retailers) to grow their businesses on the Zalando platform. Last year we more than doubled the GMV generated via the marketplace and we plan to continue that growth. For that it is crucial to steadily and quickly onboard many new merchants to the Zalando marketplace.
As Principal Software Engineer within our Zalando Direct department you will be designing and improving the overall architecture for business critical services from the perspective of data security, data segregation, compliance and access management. You will contribute to define long-term architecture for the key systems of zDirect. Data protection (customer, partner, employee) is the key to building trustful platforms that users love where you will impact the direction to support building the right platform.
You will closely collaborate with the Product Security team along with some API experts in Zalando to ensure the right guidance to our leaders and software engineers. Your contributions will help build the Zalando Directprincipal software engineering community together with broder Zalando collaboration.
Please read more about our product here.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Bring impact to all of Zalando’s public facing APIs and strive to bring a seamless experience for developers using them.
- Design and architect solutions with high technical standards. Write and maintain documentation and a technical roadmap accordingly that fit our strategy
- Think big and act fast to work through the complexity of building impactful high-scale services
- Be a technical subject matter expert, share your expertise with the team and be a mentor to other colleagues by showcasing deep expertise in software engineering and architecture
- Improve operational excellence by investigating incidents, performing rigorous post-mortems and driving technical improvements based on results
- Facilitate data privacy and security decisions and accommodate underlying architecture accordingly with senior stakeholders and experts
- Be a role model of translating complex security and GDPR-related processes into simplified architecture at scale
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- At Zalando Directwe use a variety of programming languages, but most of our backend systems are JVM based. We do have services written in Java, Go, NodeJS, and many more but an understanding of the functional paradigm would be helpful. .
- You understand the importance of sensitive data and help designing the architecture supporting multi-tenancy and data segregation solutioning
- You help evolving the Operational Excellence topics that are related to Site Reliability Engineering by conduct post-mortems for relevant incidents and making sure the learnings and the knowledge are shared among relevant software engineers.
- Good understanding of OAuth 2.0 and other industry standards about authentication and authorization within microservices architecture.
- Experience with different types of databases, and an in-depth understanding of the consistency and availability guarantees they provide. Experience building microservices architectures and RESTful APIs.
- Passion for helping software engineers, leaders and other stakeholders to grow by providing mentorship and coaching on relevant topics
- You have effective communication skills in English, with an ability to understand and translate business and user requirements across teams
- You think creatively, are solution oriented, adaptable to change, and have a drive for continuous innovation
- Responsible for maintaining trustful relationship with your team and stakeholders, supporting them and setting a high standard as an example
- You contribute to Zalando communities and help with hiring the future experts
WHAT WE OFFER
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties and events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, training platform and training budget, free language courses (English / German), pension scheme, 40% Zalando shopping discount on most products from our catalogue, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, diverse online accessible sports and health offerings (such as an extensive Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members)
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and access to an international team of experts and a very diverse group of colleagues. We are proud of our diversity and it shows in our recently published report.
- Sponsorship for VISAs, Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in selected locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, and business need.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten