Backend Java Engineer, Payments
As a Software Backend Engineer, Java for Zalando Payments you will contribute to our Fraud Detection and Profiling toolling teams within Risk management Engineering department, as we process billions of euros every year and help shape an architecture that is scalable and allows for rapid feature development and testing.
The team consists of 3 Backend and 2 Frontend Engineers, so we are looking for someone willing to have a full stack exposure and offering at least basic experience on the frontend. We also expect in-depth understanding of Agile methodologies and work with cross functional teams and experience with operating production servicesWHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Design, develop, deploy, operate and improve important software solutions that impact millions of customers
- Based on our Microservices architecture, you and your team will own your code and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver, as well operate large-scale applications on PaaS/SaaS cloud (AWS)
- Take ownership for the whole development cycle - from architecture design to testing to implementation and maintenance
- Add value by leveraging current trends in software design, architecture and web services
- Manage stakeholders via effective communication and collaboration as this position would require interaction with different profiles such as fraud screeners, data scientists and analysts.
PERKS AT WORK
- Passion and the education to back this up. A bachelor's or Masters degree in Computer Science (or related field) would be ideal
- Experience with Java 8 and/or 11, and relational as well as NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB. On top of this, experience with containerisation technologies, in particular Docker and Kubernetes
- Good understanding of Spring framework
- Experience working with ML products is a plus
- Apache SOLR experience is a plus
- Professional experience with modern development practices
- Understand the properties of large scale distributed systems and have proven track in building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
- The ability to write clean, modular, well-annotated code that will make it easier to maintain, update, and scale – and strive to make a positive impact on our engineering culture and encouraging knowledge sharing
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando Payments builds the technologies for all financial transactions in the Zalando fashion store and our other consumer-facing apps. We work to deliver a flawless user experience in the checkout, as well as the processing of payments and reconciliation in the back-end. Through smart risk steering, we boost conversion and deliver a competitive advantage to our customers, taking in the entire financial process.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten