Principal Applied Scientist - Style Advice - Applied Science
The Style Advice and Outfits Inspiration teams create experiences which aim to redefine fashion inspiration by providing high quality, personalized, engaging and inspiring content for our customers and making Zalando be the go-to style companion everywhere in Europe.
As a Principal Applied Scientist, you will be instrumental to tackle challenging fashion problems using state-of-the-art methods. You will help to drive our scientific roadmap, applying your scientific capabilities to deliver department-wide and cross-department projects in collaboration with several teams. You will work with science leaders and guide a group of exceptional scientists to develop algorithms and engineer cutting-edge machine learning products that enhance the experience of our +42M customers and that support our fashion experts. WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Bring in your strong scientific experience in researching, deploying and architecting machine learning (ML) and deep learning (DL) based solutions in areas such as recommendations to help our millions of customers in their inspiration journey. Work across teams to create a state-of-the art science stack that enables the product strategy and be a driver of ML architecture and design principles.
- Develop scientific roadmaps to tackle challenging fashion problems, such as outfit generation, with state-of-the-art solutions and to keep us innovative. Contribute to our scientific efforts with rigorous peer reviews and through publications in international conferences.
- Mentor junior to senior scientists and actively collaborate with other teams and share knowledge and expertise within our talented applied science community.
- Work closely with applied science leaders, product managers and other business stakeholders to bring our state-of-the-art solutions to the customers and to discover and identify new opportunities.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
PERKS AT WORK
- PhD or MSc (or comparative experience) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Physics, with 6+ years of industry experience, with extensive experience within recommendations, ranking and machine learning and especially deep learning.
- Experience developing long term research roadmaps and applying the scientific method to tackle research problems. Strong drive to partnering with product and science/engineering managers to connect and solve business problems with scientific solutions.
- Extensive experience in tackling real world challenging problems using machine learning in the entire product cycle on large scale projects, from the problem analysis, data selection and literature screening to their production deployment, monitoring and maintenance.
- Solid track record of publications in major machine learning, deep learning and data science conferences and journals. Deep understanding of the theory behind the state-of-the-art methods in your domain as well as a broad overview of Machine Learning and Deep Learning methods and best practices in their application.
- Expert in Python (Scala is a plus) and ML libraries such as sklearn, TensorFlow, or PyTorch, as well as experience with Spark and Cloud Computing frameworks (e.g., AWS).
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events.
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings.
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts.
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in selected locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten