Applied Scientist - Causal Inference
Applied Scientist - Commercial Planning & Trading / Causal Inference
As an Applied Scientist you will work in a cross-functional team to develop and apply state-of-the art causal inference techniques on vast amounts of data. Your insights will inform stakeholders about the optimal actions to take in order to achieve Zalandos ambitious growth targets. Your contribution will significantly increase the relevance of commercial actions.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Explore opportunities, formulate hypotheses, design causal inference setups, prototype and validate solutions balancing scientific rigor and business impact.
- Accelerate the pace of innovation by building and continuously improving cutting-edge models at scale.
- Encourage creative approaches to problems and help achieve our team's objectives through reviews and mentoring.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Applied Scientists, Engineers and Analysts across Zalando to create a strong customer experience and a positive business impact.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- MSc, or higher, in Computer Science, Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, or other similar quantitative fields with industry experience in Machine Learning / Applied Science and strong knowledge of causal inference methods.
- Strong scientific mindset in building machine learning models, experience in data analysis and feature exploration, solid expertise on prototyping and rolling-out machine learning algorithms at scale.
- Solid experience with R or Python, Neural Network implementations like Pytorch, and cloud-based solutions (preferably AWS) are a plus.
- Experience and commitment to actively helping team members to grow and succeed.
- Ability to present results clearly to all types of audiences in both written and oral communication and commitment to contribute to community talks and cross-team initiatives.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open sourcecommitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion and lifestyle, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 35+ million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all the applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten