Senior Backend Engineer - Experimentation Platform
As a Senior Backend Engineer in Economics & Experimentation, you are improving and extending the services for managing, executing and evaluating experiments in our AB-Testing platform in order to enable Zalando teams to measure their impact on customers. You work closely with experienced applied scientists and product managers in order to turn researcher’s proof-of-concepts and product opportunities into scalable production systems on high load systems (tens of thousands of transactions per second) and high data volumes.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Take the ownership for designing, developing, deploying and end to end operation of Zalando’s high load A/B testing platform
- Deliver high quality software by paying strong attention to API design, automated tests, scalability and resilience
- Work in a cross-functional team consisting of software engineers, product managers, and scientists
- Operate, monitor, and optimize our infrastructure running on Kubernetes in AWS
- Proactively mentor, share knowledge and learn from your peers
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Several years of experience developing systems in production within cross-functional teams as a
- Deep knowledge of JVM. Scala preferred, definitely a plus to be strong in Python.
- Hands on experience in designing and running in production data pipelines
- Hands on experience in designing, developing and operating microservices on a highly distributed system using Kubernetes and AWS (preferred)
- Strong passion for developing clean, well maintainable, documented, and testable code
- Team player with strong driver capabilities
PERKS AT WORK
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.About the Economics & Experimentation Team:
Our team enables Zalando to make robust data-driven decisions. We research the new trusted statistical and machine learning methods that teams across the company will use to measure their customer impact. We scale the methods to the company by building our custom A/B testing platform and educating stakeholders how best to incorporate experimentation and causal inference into their product development processes. To achieve our mission, we bring together diverse skill sets combining econometrics, machine learning, and software engineering.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 23 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 42 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests andlanguages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten