As a relevance engineer in Zalando’s search team you will index and search 500k articles, with 4k article updates and 12k requests per second for 17 markets in 16 languages. You will drive relevancy in a complex industry where personal taste, trends and fit do matter.
Your main challenges will include working with large amounts of data, delivering high-quality search results using a combination of IR and AI methods as well as the operation of one of the biggest european based Elasticsearch clusters on top of Kubernetes. The job will give you the chance to learn from experienced Search and Research Engineers in the industry.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Build our query understanding and indexing pipelines powered by the latest developments in information retrieval and AI.
- Solve fashion industry search challenges where personal taste, a trendy vocabulary or challenges such as fit do matter.
- Make a positive impact on our engineering culture, encouraging knowledge sharing, and driving technical discussions within the team.
- Dig your nose deep into the latest search developments. Challenge the status quo by being eager to discuss your thoughts with the professional community.
You will be part of an autonomous and highly ambitious team consisting of experienced developers, data scientists, and language specialists pushing fashion search to its limits.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A great team player (humble, hungry, smart) with an agile mindset.
- Experience of 2+ years building search engines.
- Experience with Elasticsearch or Lucene
- Writing well-structured and tested code that easily scales to enterprise level. Functional programming in Scala and programming in Python is a plus.
- Knowing stream processing (e.g. Kafka and Spark) is a plus.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
Our recipe to success: Think big and act fast. Your contribution today will influence millions of customers tomorrow. At Zalando, you have the opportunity to work for a fast_ growing international company that wants to offer the world’s best fashion experience. Obviously, we offer you much more:
- An exceptional opportunity to build a next generation Fashion Search Engine
- Use of cutting-edge open source technologies and cloud services
- Learning and growth opportunities: weekly tech talks, team internal book clubs, a machine learning program, company-hosted tech meetups, possibility of visiting conferences and the chance of digging your nose deep into the latest search advancements
- Lots of data and traffic as well as powerful hardware to operate your cluster and learning algorithms
- Employee discount for all Zalando shop products
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online fashion platform, doing business in 17 markets. Delivering first-class shopping experiences to our +15 million customers requires moving fast — with microservices, Agile processes and autonomous teams — and using cutting-edge, open source technologies. We are passionate about what we do and have fun while doing it. And we are willing to experiment and make mistakes: It’s how we grow.
WANT TO JOIN US? THEN GO AHEAD AND APPLY!
Please note that all the applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten