Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
The DE Consumables team innovates on behalf of Amazon’s customers to deliver the best Consumables shopping experience. Within the DE Consumables team, the Amazon Vendor Services (AVS) team contributes to the most important inputs: Selection, Pricing, Availability, Catalog quality, etc.
The DE Consumables team is looking for a talented leader to lead Amazon Vendor Services (AVS) for DE Consumables, overseeing >150 biggest vendors across all categories of Consumables. Through the AVS organization having direct impact on the inputs of >75% of Consumables Gross Merchandise Sales. The role is a leader of leaders, directly managing seven team managers with a total org size of >70. On top of the responsibility for DE Consumables AVS the role is leading several important EU and DE wide AVS initiatives including (1) the EU AVS HR Roadmap; (2) the EU Consumables AVS Time Saving Roadmap; (3) the DE AVS recruiting (working closely with Talent Supply and Campus Recruiting).
This role has a broad, high impact scope and is highly visible within the DE and EU organizations.
Your interactions and relationships will span a broad group of stakeholders, functions, and regions.
· Bachelor’s degree; ideally in business, economics, engineering, or equivalent experience.
· Extensive relevant experience; including experience in retail/ecommerce and experience in commercial and operational vendor management.
· People leadership experience.
· Advanced English language fluency, in writing and verbally. German fluency nice to have.
· MBA or similar advanced studies.
· Ability to balance business management over a large number of categories/vendors ranging from FMCG to hardgoods with people management/development for direct reports and indirect team as well as project and stakeholder management.
· AVS team managers need to be able to influence key decision makers across divisions, functions and countries, adding complexity due to EU alignment for projects, processes and AVS program development.
· Ability to deal with a high level of uncertainty and ambiguity in this complex set up with multiple stakeholders on all levels.
· Ability to interface with the Consumables Division Leader, seven Category leaders/Head of Vendor Managers, heads of programs (e.g. Subscribe & Save), central functions and stakeholders in the Central EU AVS team as well as other Consumables EU locales. For the EU HR roadmap this set includes also approx. 30 direct contributors from all EU locales and from various functions across EU.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.