At Amazon, we're working to be the most Customer-centric company on earth. One customer experience that we’re constantly looking to take to a new level is how we fulfill and deliver their orders. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small are delivered where and when they need them, as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon is continually striving to innovate and provide best in class service levels through the introduction of pioneering new products and services in the last mile delivery space. Come join the team and help us make history!
The Amazon EU Delivery Service Partner (EU DSP) team engages with partners to execute Amazon’s last mile delivery services. The EU DSP Escalation team’s primary charter is to manage Delivery Service Provider (DSP) and Delivery Associate (DA) matters regarding fair and professional conduct, workplace escalations, and investigations from the Driver Hotline and other channels. Our goal is to cultivate a successful relationship between Amazon Logistics, our DSPs and their drivers in order to mitigate risk.
Leading a team of Driver experience investigators in driving change and designing creative solutions to complex problems, this role will require a very curious, analytical approach constantly using data to quantify your decision making. You will develop strong relationships with our last mile delivery partners to improve compliance, safety, driver engagement and customer KPI’s. We are looking for Senior Manager to manage critical and high impact escalations. The Senior Manager will act as a single threaded process owner across DSP, Audit & Compliance, Legal, PR, Partner Relations teams. You and your team will manage the Driver Experience Hotline for all EU countries, identify gaps, streamline workflows, improve processes, manage communications across internal and external Amazon teams and continue to work towards mitigating risk in our supply chain. Together with the team, you will also provide reporting for senior leadership.
The ideal candidate is customer obsessed, highly organized, works effectively with internal and external contacts, has the ability to shift gears at a moment's notice and enjoys the challenges of developing and improving processes in a dynamic organization. The successful candidate will also have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, superior attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment. Moreover, the ability to work in dynamic and ambiguous areas is imperative. Operational knowledge of wide variety of and contractual concepts is essential to perform the role successfully.
The role can be based in the UK (London), Luxembourg, Italy (Milan) or Germany (Munich).
Key Job Responsibilities:
· Risk Detection and Mitigation: identify trends and challenges, predict and mitigate risk, and develop and execute solution-focused strategies and programs
· Crisis Management: Work on crisis-oriented and contractor issues under extreme time limitations while exercising judgment and leadership
· Project Management: Independently design, own, and lead successfully large-scale, network-wide projects that improve frontline partner experience considering the complexity of 6 countries in EU and their local laws
· Analyse and Interpret Data: use data and anecdotes to develop persuasive narratives and recommendations; demonstrate ability to define and measure success of programs
· Deliver Innovative Solutions: Challenge current practices, industry status quo, and generate creative mechanisms that bring about large-scale solutions
· Communicate Effectively: Rapidly produce high-quality written communications that concisely analyse problems and move solutions from concept to execution
· Lead Through Others: Build constructive relationships with critical stakeholders and peers to share information, influence change, and leverage resources to deliver results
· Problem Solve: Work independently with minimal supervision, in ambiguous situations, and persevere over internal and external barriers to drive resolution
· Work at Scale: Design solutions for a single person, station, or situation then translate, design, and launch sustainable mechanisms for entire networks
· Fluency in English
· Experience in managing teams of diverse backgrounds
· Previous experience managing operations
· You can manage and influence a fast-paced, matrix team consisting of internal and external stakeholders: you already have experience in leading and defining projects, collecting requirements, designing process solutions,
· You are highly analytical with advanced MS Excel skills
· Practical mindset: you’re able to find practical and simple solutions to complex problems, without sacrificing any quality or core functionality,
· You can drive improvements while demonstrating exceptional problem-solving, and communication skills to influence process change,
· You’re a great communicator: you’re confident when communicating, especially with varying levels of seniority, within a large organization.
· Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills.
· You’re an agile, forward-thinking innovator: you’re able to thrive with your team, even as you manage occasional ambiguity and/or conflicting priorities and demands,
· Flexibility: you commit the time required to get the job done properly, and you’re willing, and able to carry out flexible schedules and shifts,
· You’re able to objectively step back from situations to look at the bigger picture, while maintaining your meticulous attention-to-detail.
· Salesforce knowledge a plus
· Technical aptitude and familiarity with the design and utilization of complex syste
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to interface with all levels of the organization, specific strength in setting and managing expectations
· Experience in last mile and/or logistic
· Successful record of creating, improving and executing programs at scale
· Curious about new learning technologies
· Works well in a fast-paced environment, flexible, able to change direction quickly and in leading through ambiguity and constant change
· Ability to handle confidential information and escalate issues when appropriate
· Organizational skills and attention to detail, able to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while delivering on commitments
· Program and Project management:
· Strong program and project management skills, and ability to operationalize and scale programs.
· Consistently and effectively leads project management and creative program development across a variety of mediums.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and ambiguity.
· Attention to detail and a highly organized, process-focused aptitude are required to manage the variety of responsibilities and deliverables.
Data and situational analysis:
· Strong analytical skills and ability to translate metrics, research, and trends into strategy and improvement opportunities.
Cross group coordination:
· Experience and credibility as a leader in an environment where the ability to influence, work across a complex matrix, and build relationships is critical.
· Influences others without direct authority to achieve solutions to meet organization’s objectives, and is proactive in providing solutions, resolving issues and overcoming hurdles to results. Effectively collaborates with partners to resolve.
· Ability to motivate, influence and optimize senior leadership, stakeholders and peer groups.
Excellent oral and written communications:
· A highly effective communicator with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate ideas, concepts, and proposals to engage team, peers, and management.
· Strong interpersonal awareness and skills with particular emphasis on assertiveness, supportiveness, confrontation, listening, and group process. Also, a keen understanding and awareness of their own diversity and how it impacts and influences their role in I&D
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.