Legal Counsel, Legal Global Functions (d/f/m) Regular, Full Time
Job Description Reporting to the Head Legal, Global Functions, this position has responsibility for providing legal advice and services related to all activities of Sandoz Global Functions, with specific focus on supporting the Development/ Regulatory area as well as the transactions activities across Biopharma and small molecules, in close collaboration with (the Global Heads Biopharma Commercial & Medical) Development & Regulatory as well as the Head Legal, Global Functions.
The role will include, but not be limited to: Advising the Company on its contractual & statutory obligations, negotiating complex licensing transactions, development agreements, as well as manufacturing and supply agreements, support M&A Transactions, managing significant disputes and litigation, and (supporting management decision processes with) conduct robust risk assessments.
Would you like to work for a Global Generics and Biosimilars company and contribute to our mission to extend and improve people’s lives? Join Sandoz!
A division of Novartis, Sandoz is a global leader in Generic and Biosimilar medicines, committed to playing a leading role in driving access to medicine worldwide.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Support the Biopharma and small molecules related global functions on all relevant legal and contractual aspects, in particular by acting as a direct business partner in activities such as:
• Provide day-to-day proactive operational and strategic legal advice for all types of legal issues relating to the business operations, including Business Development and Licensing opportunities, new product launches, clinical, development and supply activities
• In collaboration with the respective functions, advise and determine appropriate actions regarding compliance aspects, including anti-trust and regulatory
• Proactively train business partners and other functions to enhance the level of knowledge regarding critical legal areas with a potential impact on business operations
• Negotiating and drafting complex agreements, such as in-license, out-license and other significant commercial agreements relating to the assigned projects in close collaboration with the relevant business partner
• Liaise with external law firms and manage outsourced matters including costs.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
• Law school graduate & Bar member or eligibility
• Fluency in English essential
• Min. of 5-7 years post Bar experience required: ideally gained within a healthcare / pharmaceutical environment, or alternatively, with a top-tier law firm representing healthcare clients
• Documented success in drafting and negotiating international contracts
• Ability to analyze complex legal issues
Competitive salary; Performance based annual bonus; Work/life integration; Eligible to Sandoz pension plan; 30 working days' holiday per calendar year; Subsidised on-site cafeteria; Free shuttle bus between Sandoz and Holzkirchen train station; Additional benefits.
Why consider Sandoz?
Our number 1 priority is to pioneer patient access to better healthcare. We are a company of firsts. 1st to develop an oral penicillin antibiotic. 1st to develop and launch biosimilars. 1st to launch an FDA-cleared digital therapeutic. And we never stop asking: how can we continue to pioneer access in an ever-more digital and global world?
The answers come when curious, courageous and collaborative people are empowered to ask new questions, make bold decisions and take smart risks.
Sandoz, a Novartis division, is a leader in generic and biosimilar medicines and a pioneer in digital therapeutics.
Imagine what you could do at Sandoz!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Sandoz, a Novartis company, embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Hiring decisions are only based on the qualification for the position, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age and disability.
The law provides for severely disabled / equal applicants the opportunity to involve the local representative body for disabled employees (SBV) in the application process. If you would like to request this, please let us know in advance as a note on your CV.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich