Senior Business Developer, Frustration-Free Packaging Europe –
Amazon Customer Packaging Experience (CPEX) Team
As a customer-centric company that is committed to sustainability, we see it as part of our mission to optimize the overall customer experience. We do so by setting a high bar for the selection and use of our own outbound e-commerce packaging, We also collaborate with vendors and sellers worldwide to invent sustainable packaging that delights customers, eliminates waste, and ensures products arrive undamaged to our customers’ doorsteps. Amazon drives outbound packaging waste reduction by using machine learning to select the least wasteful type of packaging for each product we ship. We have used this tool to reduce the weight of our outbound packaging by more than 33% over the past 5 years, eliminating over 1 million tons of packaging material. We share this knowledge with vendors and sellers through our Frustration-Free Packaging (FFP) Program, which encourages them to package their products in easy-to-open packaging that is 100% recyclable and, where safe to do so, ships without any additional Amazon packaging.
The Senior Business Developer, Frustration-Free Packaging Europe, will be a key contributor of the Customer Packaging Experience Vendor Engagement Team. They will delight our customers by reducing packaging waste. They will support Vendors as they convert their products’ packaging to FFP standards and support the FC network to support increased FFP shipments. This way, Amazon and our vendors will collectively optimize products’ protection, minimize packaging weight and waste, reduce packaging production related emission, reduce virgin packaging material consumption through increased recycled content and reduced packaging weight, reduce packaging cube for less emissions in transportation, reduce costs for vendors, and make packaging 100% recyclable. We subsidize our vendors who convert to FFP packaging with a financial incentive that indemnifies the cost of designing and launching FFP packaging. They will help expedite the FFP conversion process until the new packaging becomes available on our marketplace, and manage a pipeline of vendor conversions projects carefully targeted in advance, ship in vendors’ (manufacturers’) package only, and increase the proportion of FFP shipments that won’t require for Amazon to add packaging.
This position will be based in the corporate office in Luxembourg.
Would you like an opportunity to travel and work in multiple EU countries and cultures?
The role will be based in Luxembourg with 60% of time travelling to other EU countries.
· Vendors: Operations, Supply Chain, Packaging Design, Product Management,
· Amazon Retail: EU Operations, Vendor Relationship Managers
· Amazon CPEX: Lab Team, Field Team, Product Managers, Scientists, Business Intelligence, Vendor Engagement North America located in North America and Europe
· Amazon Packaging Services and Suppliers (APASS) network members including packaging testing labs, structural packaging design engineering firms, and materials suppliers, located in EU
· Proven experience managing complex projects for the clients of packaging materials organizations where automation and equipment are a critical part of designing packaging materials, and packaging products
· Experience in sustainability
· Bachelor's degree completed (BA or BSc)
· Fluent English and another European language
· Master's Degree
· Fluency in other European languages
· Worked in partnership with structural packaging design engineers/firms, and/or packaging test laboratories
· Worked in partnership with corrugated, paper board, or paper bags and mailers secondary packaging suppliers
· Substantial experience identifying and influencing all decision makers and contributors across functions and levels (including senior Executives), building trust and relationships with them, understanding their pain points, objections and needs, so that Amazon can position a value proposition of FFP conversion in a way that it addresses each individual Vendor stakeholder’s needs or pain points, and overcomes their objections
· Substantial experience analyzing data and summarizing insights in graphic representation to support a value-based and customized value proposition for a vendor, preparing customer story materials
· Proven experience leading multiple projects where functions from at least two organizations need to work with each other; drove projects to exceptional outcomes, and exceeded objectives.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.