Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
Amazon is seeking an experienced Software Development Manager to help start a confidential new program that will unlock a large business opportunity in Europe. This role is a unique opportunity to build an Amazon-scale service from the ground up, and is a great fit for a leader who is passionate about the customer experience, can easily adapt to evolving business and technical needs, and has a proven track record of inventing and delivering.
As an SDM, you will lead a '2 Pizza Team' (8-10 SDEs) for one of our key work streams. Your scope will span the full software development life cycle, including design, development, testing, and operations. You will partner closely with our product managers, technical program managers, and UX designers, as well as business stakeholders and partner technical teams across Europe and the US.
Our team is based in Berlin, Germany’s multicultural capital, and largest city. With its varied background and rich history, the metropolis offers a world class selection of restaurants, museums, music venues, and open air events, alongside its internationally unparalleled nightlife. For those who like to travel, Berlin’s new Brandenburg airport (opened Oct ‘20) offers more than 150 non-stop destinations, 9 out of 10 served by low-cost airlines. In the recent years, Berlin became one of the main European centers for startups and tech companies, while remaining one of the most affordable major European capitals, making it one of the preferred destinations for expats.
· BS in computer science, electrical engineering, or related technical discipline.
· 10+ years professional experience in software engineering, with at least 5 years in software development management
· Demonstrated track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, cross-organizational projects.
· Experience influencing leadership decisions through presentation of complex technical information.
· Experience defining and championing best practices across a software team
· Excellent written and verbal English-language communication skills.
· Experience designing large-scale distributed systems, web services, and/or web applications.
· A working knowledge of machine learning, natural language processing, or data science.
· Experience in developing long-term product and technical strategies.
· High degree of comfort presenting to senior management, business stakeholders, and external partners.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.