Lead / Senior Manager - Personnel Accounting (w/m/d)
As a Lead / Senior Manager in our Personnel Accounting team, you will own the operational delivery for the closing processes related to personnel accounting, while providing our internal customers with high quality, accurate, and timely financial data as well as reports to enable informed business decisions. Central for your role will be the digitalization and optimization of our processes together with Technology departments and your stakeholders from People & Organisations, Tax, Financial Reporting and FP&A. In addition, you will participate in audit or pre-audit tasks, compliance activities and other accounting related cross functional projects. You will lead our Personnel Accounting and coach our team on all levels of their career, while fostering a team culture of trust, support and sparring.WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You ensure the correct procedure of closing processes (monthly, quarterly, yearly) on the highest quality and strive for continuous improvement.
- You calculate, post and review general ledger journals as necessary including the preparation & overview of monthly journals ensuring appropriate back-up.
- You participate and steer finance processes, steer/execute transactions and reporting activities to contribute to Zalando's financial statements/reporting.
- You own the maintenance of the assigned ledger in accordance with corporate policies and IFRS/local gaaps.
- You conceptualize and drive initiatives to increase financial transparency, while establishing and cultivating trustful cross-functional cooperation and efficient information flow with the business, controlling and technical teams.
- You maximize the effectiveness of technologies and supporting processes to drive continuous improvement and change initiatives.
- You propose and implement measures to optimize financial processes alongside operational KPIs, and ensure alignment of cross-cutting initiatives.
- You manage projects, i.e. drive content, coordinate stakeholders and a small project team.
- You build partnerships and solicit feedback from internal and external business partners to define and develop successful, scalable processes and practices.
- You leverage your expertise and previous experience to constantly seek out better ways of performing processes, to contribute to process excellence initiatives and to mentor your team members.
- You coach, mentor and provide leadership development to team members in order to optimize operational excellence and create a deeper bench of experienced talent.
PERKS AT WORK
- You have a university degree or comparable practical experiences in Finance, Accounting, IT, economics or a similar field with HR.
- You have a proven experience in managing transformation projects and/or teams in the area of HR and Personnel Accounting as well as processes that are very manual to one that is highly scalable and efficient.
- You are experienced with SAP FI and you have the knowledge of accounting principles (GAAP & IFRS) to ensure accuracy of financial statements and implement adequate internal controls to safeguard departmental assets.
- You have a strong sense of ownership of your responsibilities, with the ability to work in a structured, independent manner, being at the same time a team player who loves working in a dynamic, international environment and focuses on the creation of end-to-end processes.
- You are able to put new tools and concepts into practice in a diverse, living and ever-growing organization and regularly reflect on your own work and share feedback in a constructive way.
- You are confident and your advanced communication skills ensure the ability to positively influence others, while being able to translate business requirements into technical solutions and are a quick learner with a passion for new technologies.
- You communicate fluently in English (written and spoken) and preferably also in German.
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.ABOUT ZALANDO
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 34 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests andlanguages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten