Senior Java Engineer - Zalando Payments
As a Software Engineer (Java) for Zalando Payments you will build risk assessment systems which processes billions of euros every year and help shape an architecture that is scalable and allows for rapid feature development and testing.WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Design, develop, deploy, operate and improve important software solutions that impact millions of customers
- Based on our Microservices architecture, you and your team will own your code and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver, as well operate large-scale applications on PaaS/SaaS cloud (AWS)
- Take ownership for the whole development cycle - from architecture design to testing to implementation and maintenance
- Add value by leveraging current trends in software design, architecture and web services
- A strong mentor, whom encourages knowledge sharing and drives technical discussions within the team.
PERKS AT WORK
- Passion and the education to back this up. A bachelors Degree in Computer Science (or related field) would be ideal
- At least 4 years of professional experience with modern development practices
- Understand the properties of large scale distributed systems and have proven track in building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
- Experience with Java 8 , and relational as well as NoSQL databases. On top of this a familiarity with containerisation technologies, in particular Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge in stream processing frameworks such as Flink, Spark Streaming, Samza are nice to have. Experience with developing applications with Apache Solr cluster is considered a plus.
- The ability to write clean, modular, well-annotated code that will make it easier to maintain, update, and scale – and strive to make a positive impact on our engineering culture and encouraging knowledge sharing
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.ABOUT ZALANDO
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.Zalando Payments builds the technologies for all financial transactions in the Zalando fashion store and our other consumer facing apps. We work to deliver a flawless user experience in the checkout, as well as processing of payments and reconciliation in the backend. Through smart risk steering we boost conversion and deliver a competitive advantage to our customers, taking in the entire financial process.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten