Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
AWS is growing rapidly with millions of customers from independent developers to large enterprises visit our management console. The AWS User Experience Products & Platform team is responsible for products that enable AWS users to manage their applications and infrastructure on AWS. We are looking for a Software Development Manager to lead a newly formed team to continue this growth.
Our mission is to deliver an effective, and loved user experience that makes it easy for all users to discover, learn, and build on AWS. Today, we own the AWS Management Console, the AWS Console Mobile App, the AWS Chatbot, and the User Experience Platform used by 175+ AWS service teams to develop and deliver their user experience across multiple channels (web, mobile, chat).
AWS User Experience Products & Platform team is a multi-disciplinary team comprising members from different areas - UX Research, UX Design, User Insights & Analytics, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Secure/Available/Scalable (at AWS scale) services, and Web/Mobile/Conversational User Interfaces. Our team is a great place for those who are passionate about building great user and developer experiences for millions of users across the globe. Our team members love solving challenging problems to innovate on behalf of AWS users who come from diverse backgrounds spanning different personas, differing levels of experience, different countries, and different expectations on how they would like to interact with AWS.
Our team in Berlin is looking for experienced software development manager who is passionate about front-end, quality and accessibility. You will provide technical leadership and management for development team which mission is to create tools ensuring AWS management console’s accessibility. You will:
· Build and adapt technologies for all AWS business lines, ranging from EC2, S3 through ML services
· Work with product management team to build and ship technical solutions keeping our products accessible
· Instil best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements
· Establish aggressive, achievable schedules for development and execute on them
· Implement process improvements for both your own and surrounding teams.
· Drive and facilitate innovation within the team.
Responsibilities of a Software Development Manager
· Hiring and developing your team. A successful service starts with a great team, and delivering through others is your primary responsibility.
· Defining and executing on a roadmap for your service. You’ll know and talk with your customers on a regular basis, as well as using data and metrics to understand how your service is used, and build and deliver on a roadmap that delights them.
· Making the operation of your service safe and sustainable. Leaders in AWS know the details of their service and prioritise the right improvements to keep things running smoothly.
· Project ownership. You’ll drive execution of projects within your team and work with your peers to keep everyone aligned. You’ll clearly and transparently communicate status to leadership and get help where needed to keep your team unblocked.
· Contributing to the overall AWS Console Platform leadership team. You’ll be part of defining our culture, ensuring our teams have everything they need to be productive and excited to work at AWS, and helping to drive site-wide initiatives that improve life for all our teams.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
· 6+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 3+ years of experience managing engineers
· Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar related technical discipline (or equivilent work experience)
· Hiring and growing teams of high-performing engineers
· Writing product proposals and technical strategy documents
· Developing and executing a software roadmap
· Developing on AWS