Ihre AufgabenYour tasks:
- Operational & functional lead for a customer dedicated control tower, part of the global steering team for the dedicated customer department, direct involvement in business development activities
- European focus with international interaction and co-operation with the connected control tower in overseas, supervising the traffic management across the control tower
- Responsible for the allocated traffic coordinators in the control tower, drive change & project management, ensure continuous process optimization and efficiency improvement, in consultation with General Manager acquire and appoint resources necessary for decided changes in production
- Single point of contact for all traffic and customer related task, second escalation level within control tower, control the agreed service/performance levels with third party provider via performance management tools
- Ensure fulfilment and compliance with customs & regulatory tasks, transportation safety & risk management services, support internal & external audits and manage & administer third party agreements with freight forwarders, broker, documentation providers etc.
- Execute required procurement activities > tender management, set up work process and systems to enable product movements, steer periodic auditing and monitoring services regarding the freight settlement services for the customer
- Perform gap assessments and create actions plans to implement the customer standards/requirements, drive monthly and quarterly business review meetings with the customer, support internal knowledge transfer as well as overall responsibility for the timely invoicing process and outstanding recovery process
- Fundamental expertise in the international transport & logistics industry across all mode of transport, university degree unless compensated by adequate professional set of skills and industry expertise
- Several years of experience in operational and customer focused management roles in an international context, understanding of European transportation market
- Ideally a background in lead logistics projects and continuous improvement, experienced in the management of tactical and/or operational control tower
- Take ownership for agreed objectives, ability to drive change management, background in the strategical business planning and development
- Willingness to travel abroad, English (required) and at least one additional major language, experienced user of Microsoft Office software, transport management systems and ideally ERP background
- Ideally background in the bulk or oil & gas industry, communicative, maintain overview and motivating
- Experience in managing a team with strong leadership skills, target driven personality, comprehensive know how in the project & implementation management
Fascinating national and international projects and tasks such as sports and events logistics, trade fair logistics or special transports enrich the work environment.Network and Contacts
The national and international network with colleagues (m/f/d) at DB Schenker enables a professional and private exchange.Working Atmosphere
As a team, we can achieve the best for our customers, employees (m/f/d) and the global community ?– therefore a pleasant working atmosphere is very important to us. Unser Angebot
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Schenker Dedicated Services (SDS) Germany GmbH is a totally independent, non-asset based company, focused on finding the most cost efficient and practical solution for every transport and logistics requirement for customers in all industries. Together with its sister organization based in Gothenburg, Sweden, SDS Group represents the 4PL activities of DB Schenker in Europe.Kontakt
Do you have any further questions?
Do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to receiving your call/email!
Phone: +49 201-8781-5525Job Details
* Equal Opportunity Employer: at DB Schenker we are proud of our diverse workforce and we are committed in enhancing it further. Therefore, we welcome all applicants, regardless of gender, age, disability, nationality, religion or sexual orientation.
Traffic Manager (*)
Schenker AG Head Office
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich