Senior Backend Software Engineer (Java / Spring Boot) - Plus Integrations (w/m/d)
As a Senior Backend Engineer - Plus, you will constantly improve our delivery and returns proposition to bridge the last mile for our customers to get the right package to the right customers at the right time. Delivering a high-performance, stable, auto-scaling in-house warehouse management system, you will have a direct impact on our customers’ happiness. We aim to delight our customers and make the Zalando customer experience as convenient as possible.
Since the team is growing significantly, we currently have multiple vacancies at different seniority levels currently available on the team.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Drive proofs of concept, pilots and technology evaluations to accelerate the onboarding of new technologies and solution designs
- Manage your service from the architecture to testing, deployment and operation in an agile environment
- Deliver high-performance, resilient and scalable distributed system landscape that handles large amounts of data while continuously enabling a high pace of change and innovation by working with your development and product team
- Contributing to our growing tech community and encouraging knowledge sharing
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- At least 5 years of professional programming experience with significant expertise in Java and related popular frameworks such as Spring, SQL databases as well as experience in microservice architecture, distributed systems and RESTful APIs using relevant technologies. Check our Tech Radar for more information on the technologies we use at Zalando
- Skilled in automated testing, high-performance code and complex server environments
- Effective communication skills in English and ability to understand business requirements
- Academic degree in Computer Science
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open sourcecommitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
- Family- and life-friendly working conditions including flexible working hours (*available for selected departments/positions)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion and lifestyle, connecting customers, brands and partners across 20 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 35+ million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
We continuously add new areas of competency, with teams now focused on the tech challenges connected to mission-critical topics including designing tools for Zalando internal operations team, inventory management, transportation, fulfillment and stock valuations. Here we develop our monitoring systems, collaborating with other logistics service providers within organization to find innovative ways to create the most relevant dashboards, monitoring and alerting systems.
#EasternEuropeExpansion #PlusExpansion #hotjobs
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten