Senior Applied Scientist - Machine Learning - Traffic & Pricing Platform (W/M/D)
Department: Traffic & Pricing Platform
Reports to: Applied Science Lead
Team Size: 10
Recruiter Name: Rime Asselman, firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Senior Applied Scientist in the Pricing Platform team, you will develop forecasting models that inform automated pricing decisions for Zalando’s 500K+ item assortment. You will work with other Data Scientists on challenging problems, and apply Deep Learning methods to the forecasting domain. You will develop novel forecasting methods based on recent research results and use your experience and skills to push the team to the next level. You will also be a part of the large Applied Science community at Zalando, and have the opportunity to develop and grow your career by collaborating with others across the company.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Apply your experience in deep learning and probabilistic forecasting to build models that are integrated into Zalando’s algorithmic pricing platform.
- Bring in your strong scientific skills to analyze the impact of algorithmic pricing policies that affect millions of customers across Europe.
- Drive your own research agenda and influence how we do forecasting at Zalando.
- Collaborate with other Data Scientists, Software Engineers and Product Managers to roll out and monitor machine learning models in production environments.
- Actively engage in our cutting-edge research activity for time-series analysis which is conducted in collaboration with the Zalando Research Lab.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
PERKS AT WORK
- Master's Degree or PhD. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or other similar quantitative field.
- Strong mathematical background and analytical skills.
- Profound understanding of statistics, machine learning and time series forecasting.
- Industry experience in building deep learning models for production environments.
- Python coding skills and experience with common data science libraries like numpy, pandas, PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.ABOUT ZALANDO
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion and lifestyle, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 35+ million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
#marketsjobs, #marketsjobstech, #marketsappliedscientist
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten