Senior Golang Engineer - Markets & Sales (GO) (w/m/d)
As a Senior Software Engineer in Markets & Sales you will join a team that is serious about campaigns, rock solid APIs and fun.
You will join a team that is responsible for creating and scheduling campaigns. Campaigns are the foundation of the business model of Zalando Lounge, therefore we are especially rigorous about the quality of the data we provide, the related APIs, and the related event streams.
You will join a team that is in the finishing-phase of replacing related legacy systems and laying the foundations for a microservice-based, primarily event-driven system. We are already starting to shift our focus towards the automation of the existing business processes, though the foundations aren’t completely finished yet.
You will join a team that also has a long standing tradition to have regular celebrations, board gaming sessions and occasional evening gatherings.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Design backend services that help our department execute their work efficiently, and provide foundational data for other departments.
- Write code that is simple, readable, testable and maintainable.
- Coach less experienced engineers and new joiners.
- Follow a feature through its entire lifetime from problem formulation to solution delivery.
- Improve our internal processes and documentation.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- +5 years of recent industry experience as a backend engineer.
- Production grade knowledge in Golang, coupled with excellent general software engineering skills.
- Experience in software and API design is a must.
- Proficiency with Git is a must.
- Interest and experience in at least one further technology stack is a plus.
- Experience with microservices architecture, distributed systems is a plus.
- Experience building and/or running large-scale applications is a plus.
- Strong AWS knowledge and/or Kubernetes experience is a plus.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 32 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Within Zalando Digital Foundation, you will work with many autonomous teams that live up to the standards of software craftsmanship, ownership and excellence. Along with our guiding set of principles we entrust you and your team to shape the future of Zalando.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten