Applied Scientist - Customer Care Technology (W/M/D)
As a Senior Data Scientist, you bring new prediction models to life to create our first ever autonomous, proactive customer outreaches with the mission of reducing customer contacts from our 37+ million active customer base. Combining data points from all teams, you will detect friction in individual customer journeys - before they even happen!
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Creating predictive models of customer issues to identify the customers whom we can proactively help.
- Collaborating with software engineers to translate ML prototypes into production systems.
- Collaborating with product managers and other stakeholders to identify new areas of potential impact.
- Research challenging problems, such as improving the prediction of customer pain points.
- Querying, analysing data, and setting up monitoring and data quality assurance
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Excellent educational background (minimum M.Sc) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other similar quantitative field
- At least 3 years of industry experience with Python and ML-related libraries such as pandas, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras, XGBoost and big data frameworks such as Spark, Dask, Strong understanding of machine learning methods and techniques, especially for customer behavior analysis and prediction
- Deep understanding of statistics, machine learning, and knowledge of best practices in productionalizing machine learning systems
- Experience in building and maintaining data pipelines and collecting data from multiple sources and formats, and working with data science based services that provide an API
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open sourcecommitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion and lifestyle, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 35+ million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
About Customer Care Technology
The Customer Care Engineering Team builds statistical models, and one of the broad product areas driven by the team would be to anticipate and understand key dissatisfaction drivers in the customer journey and leverage these to define proactive communication strategies to minimize contacts and lead to frictionless experience.
Please note that all the applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten