Principal Android Engineer - Zalando Lounge (w/m/d)
As a Principal Android Developer at Zalando Lounge you will help drive the further evolution of our application architecture. We are a small team that’s open to experimentation and we apply a healthy mix of well tested and cutting edge technologies to directly impact the business mission of Zalando Lounge. Our software engineers own their code and decide on the technical direction of the app.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Drive the strategic direction of our Android technology stack based on the overall strategic ambitions of the organization.
- Use a customer-centric approach to lead architectural design decisions that improve scalability, performance and usability
- Provide technical guidance and ownership across various complex projects, teams, and technologies
- Function as a subject matter expert for all things code, including tools, processes, and procedures to help shape our code contribution model, QA automation approach, release management lifecycle etc. across the enterprise
- Design common shared libraries and frameworks to support multiple native applications
- Develop mobile engineers by conducting code reviews, providing mentorship, pairing, and training opportunities
- Research and drive solutions to improve productivity and effectiveness with a strong attention to metrics
- Shape and champion an inclusive culture and diverse team environment
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 10+ years development experience with at least 6 years being related to Android
- Proven in-depth knowledge of software engineering paradigms, methodologies, patterns and practices
- Expert understanding and experience with Android’s architectural components (Room, LiveData, Jetpack, etc.) and MV* architectures. Experience with Coroutines and Flows preferred.
- Must be deeply proficient in Java, Kotlin, supplemented by active/working knowledge of reactive programming.
- Highly knowledgeable in the wider 3rd party mobile ecosystem(Dagger2, Retrofit2 etc.)
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Artifactory
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills with a wide variety of audiences including S-level executives.
- A leader in evaluating industry best-of-class technical approaches
- Experience with multi-threading, concurrent programming, memory management and performance optimization is preferred
- Strong understanding of data access patterns. Experience with GQL is a plus
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten