This role is within the German organization and you would be working with Independent Software Vendors (ISVs).
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced technical manager to lead a solutions architecture team that helps ISVs succeed using AWS technologies.
In this role, you will hire and develop some of the industry’s best cloud-based solutions architects, coach them on cloud adoption best practices, empower them to further develop their technical areas of depth as well as their communication, presentation and strategic advisory skills. You will be partnering with other teams within AWS such as account management, service teams, marketing, and professional services, prioritizing your initiatives and aligning goals to maximize long term value.
You and your team will shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS services with ISVs in the Germany. You will be interacting directly with customers to better understand their needs and align the right resources and tools to maximize their success. You will be measuring and delivering results, while staying in touch with the pace of innovation of the AWS technology and its use cases. You will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well so that you can shape the customer and solutions-focused initiatives of your team. You will get to practice your creativity in driving the link of technology to tangible solutions and educating customers about the art of the possible. Central to this will be your leadership in driving Solutions Architects to create cutting edge reference architectures for a variety of use cases.
The ideal candidate has experience building, leading and developing talented teams of senior engineers or solutions architects. Customer-facing experience is preferred, practical knowledge of the AWS platform is desired but not required, provided you have sound leadership skills and a strong technical foundation in secure, scalable and reliable IT architectures.
At Amazon you will be encouraged and rewarded for doing what is right for the long-term success of the customer. We value your passion to discover, invent and build on behalf of customers.
Amazon has always been, and always will be, committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek builders from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects and Solution Architecture Managers; you should be an exceptional builder of great people.
· Coach Solutions Architects to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many technical sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS
· In partnership with account management teams, formulate and execute a customer-focused strategy to drive adoption of AWS
· Guide and prioritize the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices
· Own the technical strategy that will increase customer value and adoption of well-architected AWS solutions across Enterprise customers.
· Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
The position is available in Munich, Berlin, Hamburg, Cologne, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt and virtual location in Germany.
· Experience leading and growing teams of senior technology professionals, ideally in customer facing roles
· High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations, with both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Strong influencing skills and negotiation skills
· Technical Degree (Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience.
· Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English.
· Passion for technology and for learning.
The following qualifications are desired but not required:
· History of successful technical consulting and/or architecture engagements with large enterprise customers
· Prior working experience as a Solution Architect and / or manager of a technical team
· Background in any of the following: Cloud Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering or DevOps
· Previous professional experience architecting / operating solutions built on AWS
· Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating
· Experience with public speaking
· AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification
· Fluent written and verbal communication skills in German.
· Continued or advanced learning (Master, MBA, PhD or equivalent)
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.