About Amazon Pay
Amazon Pay makes it simple for hundreds of millions of customers around the globe to check-in and checkout using information already stored within their Amazon account. Whether shoppers are online or on the go, Amazon Pay provides a familiar, trusted, and easy way to pay.
Amazon Pay Europe is looking for a “Head of Amazon Pay Germany” (m/f) in Munich to drive growth from recruiting new merchants and developing existing merchants.
In this manager role, you will work closely with teams such as Marketing, Integrations & Support, and Go-to-Market to improve merchant experience and increase the use of our service offering. Your main goals will be the launch of directly recruited merchants as well as the total payment volume generated both from new and existing merchants. Key responsibilities include the creation of new and powerful value propositions for merchants.
Operating in a fast-moving and challenging environment, Amazon’s culture requires that you are self-motivated and target driven, able to work autonomously and take full control and responsibility for merchant recruiting and account management targets.
You will be accountable / responsible for:
· Financial targets for total payment volume, revenue, gross margin, and contribution profit in the region
· Launches of directly recruited merchants, primarily in the enterprise and mid-market segments
· Growth and retention of existing merchants, particularly by driving feature and new product adoption as well as ensuring optimized integration of Amazon Pay
· Close collaboration with global stakeholders across the entire Amazon Pay organization
· Development of key metrics to measure overall business and financial performance and provide the foundation for continuous improvement
· Management of a high-performance organization capable of scaling with the growth of the business, and exemplifying the values of Amazon
· Representation of your team and region in the Amazon Pay European Leadership Team to contribute to the definition of the long- term strategy, three-year plans, and annual operating plans, providing insightful understanding of the needs, habits and preferences of customers, solution providers, and other Amazon Pay stakeholders.
· Extensive experience in Sales / Business Development management, in high tech industries, with companies servicing merchants and consumers
· Demonstrated ability to negotiate high-value deals with a C-level audience
· Experienced people leader with the ability to develop and mentor talent within a country Sales/Account Management and Business Development organization
· Experience defining, negotiating and closing complex relationship, including agreements for co-marketing, distribution, product co-development
· Analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use data and metrics
· Positive attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves and dig deep to achieve goals
· Excellent cross-group collaboration skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Full fluency in German and English
· Background in payments/Fintech or Consumer Finance businesses and relevant experience in B2B2C businesses
· Experience working in a global, 24x7 support environment
· Owner mentality; willingness to roll up sleeves to meet goals
· Ability to juggle multiple competing priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Able to work in a diverse team
· Ability to identify, pursue and implement business opportunities with a focus on the customer, from both a strategic and operational perspective
Are you interested? We look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV and covering letter in English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation or any other assistance, please let the recruiting team know and they will support you with the necessary actions throughout the interview process.
Did you know that Amazon is offering various jobs in part-time? If you want to apply, please filter for “part-time” in the job type search section on amazon.jobs.