Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
Hundreds of millions of customers. Billions of queries per year and dollars in revenue. The scale and impact of Amazon Search is huge and we need you to imagine and develop innovative solutions to realize the future of product search worldwide. The Amazon Search team in Berlin is looking for a Software Development Engineer to work on our worldwide services that help customers explore Amazon’s product selection.
The Search Navigation Science team is responsible for worldwide customer facing search features. Our algorithms select and rank navigation options to help customers explore, refine, and traverse search results across all device experiences worldwide. We exploit and enrich behavioral and semantic information to power an intelligent and flawless shopping experience.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be part of a small, close-knit team of applied scientists and engineers that are agile, data driven, and highly collaborative. You will be responsible for designing novel services, propose ideas, and solutions during planning with your team, implement big ideas, and then measure the experimental results. You will partner with the teams that power search relevance, query understanding, browse, and product recommendations. Engineers and scientists on our team have implemented ideas that have impacted millions of customers and generated millions of dollars in revenue. You should love challenges and working on large-scale, customer-facing projects.
You have a strong sense of ownership and creativity as well as a focus on the technical operations for your team’s systems. You look forward to working in a high quality, international and diverse environment.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 8+ years professional experience in software development
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
· Experience in large-scale data processing systems and distributed systems
· Experience with Scrum, Kanban or Agile development
· Experience with operating and maintaining large-scale production systems.
· Experience with operating and maintaining Machine Learning systems.