Restructuring Manager Contract Logistics (m/f/d)
Ihre AufgabenYour role contributes to tackling loss-making sites across Europe through direct engagement with the responsible management on site and other stakeholders. Through a careful analysis of root causes and the evaluation of realistic countermeasures you establish jointly with the site management a turnaround plan that lets a site succeed. Your contribution to this effort is based on your solid blend of operational and commercial understanding of contract logistics activities. You will operate in areas of potentially conflicting interests and are able to navigate these by using fact-based logic and effective communication. Using your professional authority, you guide the local business owners rather than run the turnaround on their behalf.You have a solid background in contract logistics of at least 8 to 10 years, including experience in the P/L management of a sizable contract logistics site We would be happy to consider experienced Site Managers across Europe, however a fluency for this role in German and English is a must. You would be located at our regional head office in Frankfurt am Main, Germany Among your tasks would be:
- Diagnose root causes for losses on site jointly with the site team and other affected stakeholders. Take a broad view including operational, commercial, and financial aspects.
- Review existing logistics operations, including contractual scope, inventory management, good warehousing practices, the systems landscape, as well as the use of operational KPIs.
- Review the composition of the site's work force with regards to the optimization of employed versus temporary workers, taking into account the specific local regulations.
- Identify areas of improved cross-utilization of workers and equipment across the site.
- Identify over-equipment and propose alternatives.
- Review actual pricing and billing practices against contracts and best practices in order to identify areas of optimization and contractual enforcement.
- Analyze and compare the competitiveness of contractual agreements and rates with our current suppliers (e.g. temp agencies, landlords, utilities, MHE providers, facility services).
- Review full use of our legal and contractual entitlements towards suppliers, especially with regards to payment terms, warranties, damages and pricing schemes.
- Assess existing customer profitability accounting practices, including the collection of allocation data, the use of allocation keys, and their processing to increase accuracy.
- Where not available, establish an accurate baseline P/L for each major customer.
- Identify the need to involve additional subject matter experts from within the Schenker group as well as exceptionally third-party experts.
- Conceptual Tasks
- Combine analytical results and turnaround measures in realistic but challenging business cases ("turnaround plans").
- Map contractual and commercial options in support of the colleagues fronting the customer and suppliers in negotiations ("fight plan").
- Ensure that decision makers evaluate alternative concepts and involve relevant stakeholders before final conclusions are being made.
- Suggest reorganization and process optimization for single customer operations and site level.
- Suggest improvements to operational productivity based on effective KPI reporting. (Re-) establish it where it is not in place (anymore).
- Propose and support scoping efforts, including new operational design and pricing changes.
- Validate logistics concepts / solutions planned by the site and suggest alternatives.
- Assist the drafting of contract and contractual adjustments with commercial advice.
- Use your documenting skills to present your findings as well as the turnaround measures in a clear and appealing way.
- Regularly monitor the execution of the turnaround measures including their financial impact against the plan and flag deviations.
- In case of deviations, propose countermeasures in order to bring the site's financial performance in line with the original ambition.
- Actively contribute to the further development of our HEAL turnaround methodology
- Very good commercial and operational understanding concerning logistics operations gained in P/L management of a sizable contract logistics site/operation or in hands-on site controlling.
- At least 8 to 10 years of professional experience in P/L management of a logistics site, site controlling with a good knowledge of quality management and continuous improvement methods (such as 5S, Kaizen, Six Sigma).
- Knowledge of occupational safety and fire protection standards and practices.
- Great level of flexibility, hands-on approach, creativity and the ability to set own agenda and work under own initiative.
- Experience in international projects and distinctive intercultural competency.
- Fluency German and in English, fluent German is required for this position.
- Very good communication skills and ability to talk and present to stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Experienced user of MS Office and MS Project
- A general understanding of warehouse management system functionality as well as billing and accounting systems is a plus for this role.
- Willingness to travel (about 12 travel days per month) throughout region Europe and exceptionally also beyond.
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Schenker Europe GmbH is the regional management holding for operations in 38 countries with over 40 000 employees and 12 bn. EURO Sales. We offer an exciting career in logistics as well as the opportunity to develop and hone your skills and competence whilst working in a global setting with highly qualified and diverse international teams and professionals. The organization provides a competitive remuneration package and offer which is commensurate with the position on offer. Candidates that believe in taking full responsibility and ownership for their role and value a cooperative environment would suit us.Does this sound like a role that is of interest to you? We look forward to your informative application documents under detail of your desired salaries and your next possible admission appointmentKontakt
Do you have any further questions? Do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to receiving your call/email! Schenker Europe GmbH Edmund-Rumpler-Strasse 3 60549 Frankfurt am Main Germany firstname.lastname@example.org * Equal Opportunity Employer: at DB Schenker we are proud of our diverse workforce and we are committed in enhancing it further. Therefore, we welcome all applicants, regardless of gender, age, disability, nationality, religion or sexual orientation.Job Details
Restructuring Manager Contract Logistics (m/f/d)
Schenker Europe GmbH
Frankfurt am Main, Hessen
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich