Head of Markets Planning & Trading - Eastern Europe (f/m/d)
This role sits in the Markets Planning & Trading organization, a cross-markets commercial and business planning department that plans and drives the commercial performance of Zalando across all European markets.
In this role, the Head of Market Planning & Trading will serve as the commercial owner for the Eastern European markets (Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Croatia, Slovenia). The successful candidate will lead the local commercial and campaigns plan and drive the commercial strategy and investment decisions to reach Zalando sales objectives and close performance gaps. The Head of Markets Planning & Trading will bring a strong commercial understanding of the business and its key value drivers, as well as a strong local expertise in order to drive key commercial steering actions and ROI-based investment decisions. This is a high-impact, high-visibility role that will have a direct influence on the day-to-day rhythm of Zalando’s core consumer business and ensure its continued success.
The role will lead a team of 5-10 business planning and e-commerce professionals. The role reports with a solid line into the Director Markets Planning & Trading.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Drive the commercial performance of your markets cluster with full ownership of the local commercial plan. You will be in charge of the commercial and investment trade-offs decisions for your markets and work directly with the Senior Markets leadership team
- Own the short- and long-term sales planning for your respective markets. You will translate the long-term markets strategies and objectives into measurable sales planning for those markets in close partnership with the Eastern Europe General Manager and key functions (Supply, Finance, Marketing). You will further manage the sales forecasting, business trading and decision making process for your respective countries.
- Manage a team that continually interprets and analyzes commercial data, local market trends, and assortment insights in your markets to provide insightful recommendations on investment decisions and translate into reliable commercial plans and forecasts. You will share your recommendation with the leadership team on a regular basis and drive ROI-based decisions on how to close the performance gap for your respective markets.
- Drive the categories performance and platform transition in your markets through local business insights and assortment analysis. You will also contribute, together with your team and the Eastern Europe GM, to further localizing and improving assortment relevance for our local customers
- Lead and support a multi-disciplinary team of 5-10 people including commercial planning managers, e-commerce managers and pricing managers. through functional knowledge, coaching and mentoring
- Participate to cross-functional projects for your markets and interact with Finance, Marketing, Operations, Pricing, Onsite Management and other functions on a daily level
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A well-rounded experienced leader with 10+ years expertise in developing a best-in-class function and team within a division of a global, complex organization of relevant size and scale. Demonstrated thought leadership in strategic thinking and problem solving.
- Able to translate customer needs and business opportunities into a sound business plan that yields results on both short-term and mid-term. You have an in-depth local understanding of e-commerce and/or fashion industry dynamics for the Eastern European markets, especially Poland and Czech Republic
- Excellent analytics skills, a passion for metrics and figures, and the ability to get into the details while also seeing and understanding the big picture. Understanding of P&L is considered as a plus
- Track record of successfully leading teams through transformation and comfortable with a flexible, less structured environment where new ideas and processes are frequently (re-)designed and implemented.
- Meaningful exposure to a company with international/ global sales and operations. Experience within a consumer, data-focused and technology-driven business, preferably in a high growth environment.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
PERKS AT WORK
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
- Family- and life-friendly working conditions including flexible working hours (*available for selected departments/positions)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.ABOUT ZALANDO
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 20 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 42 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests andlanguages our teams choose to use.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten