Applied Scientist (w/m/d) - Outfit Inspiration and Style Advice
As an Applied Scientist in the Style Advice and Outfits Inspiration team, you will work with challenging fashion problems using state-of-the-art AI methods, exploring and using large amounts of multi-modal data. You will work with a group of exceptional scientists, engineers and domain experts to develop algorithms and deliver cutting-edge machine learning and data science products that enhance the experience of our +37M customers and that support our fashion experts. WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Bring in your strong scientific experience in researching and building machine learning and deep learning based solutions to help our millions of customers in their inspiration journey.
- Tackle challenging state-of-the-art fashion problems, such as outfit generation and recommendation. Contribute to our scientific efforts with rigorous peer reviews and through publications in international conferences.
- Actively collaborate with other teams and share knowledge and expertise within our talented applied science community.
- Work closely with other applied scientists and engineers to bring our state of the art solutions to the customers and to discover and identify new opportunities.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
PERKS AT WORK
- PhD or MSc (or comparative experience) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Physics, with experience in Machine Learning/Data Science/Deep Learning.
- Good understanding of applied science practices, including experimental methodologies, solution definition and managing uncertainty. Deep understanding of the theory behind the state-of-the-art methods in your domain as well as a broad overview of Machine Learning and Deep Learning methods and best practices in their application.
- Great coding skills in Python (Scala is a plus) and hands-on experience with ML libraries such as sklearn, TensorFlow, or PyTorch, as well as experience with Cloud Computing frameworks (e.g., AWS).
- Ability to present results clearly to all types of audiences in both written and oral communication and commitment to contribute to community talks and cross-team initiatives.
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events.
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings.
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts.
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in selected locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten