Engineering Manager (Machine Learning) - Customer Care Technology
Engineering Manager - Customer Care Technology
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, Customer Care Engineering, the Engineering Manager will lead a team of exceptional software engineers and scientists to predict and minimize customer care contact. You will drive customer-care engineering business-unit wide research efforts, and own end-to-end responsibility to define, measure, analyze and improve algorithmic models having a direct impact on customer satisfaction scores. We are looking for a leader with strong technical experience, demonstrated passion for people leadership in a fast-paced engineering and research driven environment.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Recruit, Mentor, and lead a high-performing engineering team that can continually ship “algorithmically optimizable” systems into production.
- Ensure that the technical systems that are developed are “best of breed” in terms of compliance, performance, and delivery.
- Develop and prioritize roadmaps for the team, with a focus on impact and results. You work on the right things and get them done.
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers and make strategic influence to shape product vision.
- Track record of successfully solving complex and ambiguous problems.
- Drive and build healthy inclusive teams promoting diversity
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Hands-on engineering leader, with strong experience of shipping machine learning products into production and building distributed software systems.
- Business understanding and ability to identify, evaluate and convey the engineering and technology choices and trade-offs to technical, non-technical audiences.
- Ability and motivation to roll up the sleeves and dive deep to help the team when needed.
- Ability to speak and write succinctly and clearly.
- Experience building & growing inclusive team environments
- Bachelor’s degree, with a strong academic record in Computer Science or Engineering (Masters preferred).
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open sourcecommitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion and lifestyle, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 35+ million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all the applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten