Senior Software Engineer (Scala) - zDirect (Marketplace)(w/m/d)
The Merchant Operations business unit in Zalando has the goal of building the next generation ecosystem for our partners (fashion brands), enabling them to take actions at each step of their e-commerce journey at Zalando.
Join us as a senior scala engineer in the team which builds tools and systems for internal users to onboard merchants as well as allowing merchants to onboard themselves. We are the source of truth for all detailed merchant information and we provide APIs to give access to that information to other Zalando teams.
We rely on your support to help us build a complex and heavily integrated portal which will be used by our over 450 partners, designing complex systems which are fundamental for the success of Zalando’s platform.
Please read more about our business unit by reading about our product here.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Create highly scalable solutions and own the entire development cycle - from architecture design to implementation, testing and maintenance.
- Together with your team, own your code and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver as well as operate large-scale applications, based on a microservices architecture.
- Support us in understanding business requirements and translating them into technological solutions.
- Own service operational duties, including monitoring and keeping them up running and healthy
- “Solve something that matters” - solve business problems in the best possible way, while being a highly dynamic team which embraces change.
- Contribute to the tech community within the department as well as on company level; take an active role in onboarding new team members and mentoring junior colleagues.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- A solid grasp of computer science fundamentals combined with a strong capacity of solving complex problems with over 6 years of hands-on software development in a commercial setting.
- Cloud architecture experience (preferably but not limited to AWS and Kubernetes).
- "You build it, you run it" approach: experience managing services end-to-end, from developing to deploying to monitoring and incident support.
- Knowledge in architecture/design methods and patterns, data and API specifications, quality assurance and testing methods.
- Great communication skills in English.
- Our systems are built based on functional programming concepts, therefore, previous such experience is of great benefit
- Hands-on experience with the microservice architecture and a good understanding of the underlying concepts are important
WHAT WE OFFER
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback,open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through talks, internal tech academy andblogs, product demos, parties and events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, training platform and training budget, free language courses (English / German), pension scheme, 40% Zalando shopping discount on most products from our catalogue, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, diverse online accessible sports and health offerings (such as an extensive Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members)
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and access to an international team of experts and a very diverse group of colleagues. We are proud of our diversity and it shows in our recently published report.
- Sponsorship for VISAs, Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in selected locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, and business need.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten