Senior Principal Engineer
ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Zalando Payments - Technology
Reports to: Director of Technology
Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Zalando’s mission is to become the number one global platform connecting fashion with people. Our challenge in Zalando Payments is to become the preferred payment solution for the fashion world. This requires us to build a highly scalable & secure platform that provides the most relevant payment methods in markets and can handle massive transaction volumes and can be evolved as our business evolves. Although there are no direct reports, this senior role will lead the Principle Engineering community at Zalando Payments and will be highly visible in enabling architecture choices for over 15 engineering teams which forms the basis for our strategic decisions.
As the Senior Principal Engineer you are responsible for the complete Zalando Payments Platforms architecture covering both the software and infrastructure aspects of the platform. The role is expected to work closely with the Zalando Payments leadership and product teams to define short & long term improvements to address the growth of our footprint both within and beyond the Zalando platform. WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Visionary leader: Are your ideas exciting enough to get the buy-in of autonomous engineering teams? Are people following you because they have to, or because they want to? Are you willing to make a tough call to solve a complex problem?
- Analytical thinker: Do you excel in the midst of complexity? Are you getting quickly to the core of a problem?
- Proactive challenger: What do you do when you see room for improvement? Do you accept the status quo, or are you eager to push the limits of what is state-of-the-art now?
- Compelling sparring partner: Do your stakeholders love to work with you? Do you understand them, and can help them understand where we are with real time KPI's and indexing?
- Payments expert: Do you understand what key processes make payment platforms successful and are you able to explain this to other people in your organisation? Do you have ample previous experience working with solution- and/or service providers in the payments industry? Do you know in-depth the role of acquirers, service providers, payment providers, as well as remittance, reconciliation, dunning and collection processes are in the financial services industry?
- Continuous learner: Do you evolve as quickly as technology itself? Are you leaning into new technologies and make use of the newest trends?
PERKS AT WORK
- You will analyse and evaluate our existing platform architecture in cooperation with our Product, Engineering and leadership teams
- You will be responsible for establishing & continuously enhancing Payments Platform architecture at Zalando while sharpening its purpose and focusing on sustainability
- You will develop, enhance and align the overall vision and strategy for our platform including the Infrastructure components. You will tie the business capabilities & software engineering together.
- You challenge the overall technology strategy and management with respect to architectural decisions, priorities, and risks in our technology landscape.
- You will be the senior voice in the room helping evolve the platform by deeply understanding and shaping the architecture choices based on future trends in web, mobile, data, AI and information security.
- You will ensure our Architecture is built and managed in a highly-scalable & secure manner leading on the most consequential initiatives at Zalando Payments
- You will be the voice of Zalando Payments within the Zalando technology community helping enhance the Zalando payments brand both within and outside Zalando Payments.
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.About Zalando Payments
Zalando Payments builds the technologies for all financial transactions in the Zalando fashion store and our other consumer facing apps. We work to deliver a flawless user experience in the checkout, as well as processing of payments and reconciliation in the back-end. Through smart risk steering we boost conversion and deliver a competitive advantage to our customers, taking in the entire financial process.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten