Head of Engineering for Wholesale Analytic Tools
In-Season Management and Data Products team, we are building the next-generation buying and inventory management tools for Zalando’s wholesale business that will serve our 800+ colleagues in buying/merchandising and our 1500+ suppliers to make the best possible decisions.
As an Head of Engineering, you will find yourself at the forefront of technology, supporting teams that own key decision-making applications, as well as tackling complex engineering problems. You will challenge our status quo, drive innovation and apply agile best practices to ensure efficient delivery of features and functionalities.
Where your expertise is needed
- Mentor and coach your leads and engineers to ensure they are making their largest impact by identifying and providing the right opportunities for them to develop and grow their skills and careers.
- Help the team take architectural decisions, contribute to the priorities, and to establish best engineering practices
- Support the product vision and translate it into a long-term roadmap with your team by having a clear mid- and long-term technical vision
- Foster close collaboration and operational mindset among engineers to be in line with our overall tech strategy
- Shape and champion an inclusive culture and diverse team environment
What we're looking for
PERKS AT WORK
- Extensive experience in managing, developing and mentoring other leads
- Ability to drive and oversee the delivery of multiple work streams while prioritizing engineering initiatives based on technical KPIs
- Experience with Devops processes and track record owning large scale engineering systems from design through deployment to production.
- In-depth experience understanding of large-scale cloud-based data pipelines as well as tooling landscape (e.g. Spark, Presto, Exasol, and Databricks)
- Effective communication skills in English, ability to understand and translate business and user requirements across teams and senior leadership
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.ABOUT ZALANDO
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 34 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests andlanguages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten