Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
Are you passionate about improving the customer and delivery experience? Do you strive to design and deploy customer-centric solutions that drive measurable results? Does coordinating across teams and countries sound exciting? If so, the Amazon Logistics (AMZL) Middle Europe (MEU) Operations team is looking for a talented Snr Manager, who will support the expansion or Amazon Last Mile Services in Germany, Austria and The Netherlands (MEU) and who will ensure, that our operations teams can operate under state of the art working conditions.
MEU is the fastest growing region for AMZL across the next three year with significant growth in our organization. Being the world’s most customer centric company, we are thriving to deliver maximum service quality to our customers from the first day of a new operations building. At the same time, we are eager to offer a working environment to our employees that ensures maximum safety and an industry-leading work environment.
As a result we are seeking a talented leader of large scale programs that will impact on thousands of people making wholesale change to the landscape of AMZL across MEU.
You will be a key partner from MEU AMZL Operations in East Germany for all teams that contribute to planning and execution of new AMZL entities. In that function, you will be the primary point of contact for operations related issue for launch activities in your region until the designated station management takes over. One key area of responsibility will be ensure that site specific limitations, e.g. regarding building and operating permits are aligned with operational requirements and processes.
You will collaborate with AMZL Operations, Design & Construction, RME (Reliability and Maintenance Engineering), WHS (Warehouse Health and Safety) and other stakeholders to ensure that expansion related activities in East Germany and operation requirements are closely connected.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Act as primary Operations point of contact for all launch and expansion related activities of the Region East Germany until the designated Station Manager takes over responsibility
- Be the primary source of information for the Operations Director for the region East Germany regarding planned launch and expansion activities
- Support the Launch & Expansion Program Managers or other involved teams in negotiations with permitting authorities and local political stakeholders when required with a focus on operational requirements and constraints
- Be the primary point of contact for AMZL Ops Leadership and Station Managers when it comes to restrictions by operating permit and support Ops teams how to mitigate existing constraints
- Support local/regional Operations Management and teams involved in the launch of a delivery station as required.
- Prepare and conduct post mortem reviews with AMZL Ops leaders (Regional Director, Senior Operations Manager and Delivery Station Manager) related to launches of new delivery stations
This is an MEU based role that will require frequent travel. The successful candidate will need to have physical on-site presence during launch phases throughout the entire region (East Germany)
· Master's Degree
· Work experience in technical, operational, transportation, or logistics field is highly desired
· Experience managing teams
· Experience managing multiple projects concurrently that involve cross-functional teams
· Proficiency in English and German
• Previous experience in start-up/launch operations
• Highly proficient Excel / Data skills
About our rewards We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary and stock units, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount. There are other, more intangible rewards too. Like our commitment to your development, a refreshing lack of hierarchy, the chance to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, plenty of team spirit and an informal atmosphere – suits and ties are few and far between.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.