Amazon Pay, one of the fastest growing businesses within Amazon, is seeking an experienced Senior Sales & Business Development Manager, part-time (20-29h) who is responsible to develop new business with strategic mid-market and large enterprise sized merchants. The business development manager will identify and execute deals with new to Amazon Pay e-commerce merchants and expand the Amazon Pay merchant base through adoption and usage of Amazon Pay. The individual will also work across Amazon to utilize other products and services to create new and powerful value propositions for these e-commerce merchants.
Amazon Pay allows Amazon buyers to login, pay and get items shipped to their preferred destinations on a merchant’s website securely using their payment and address information that is stored in their Amazon Account. Amazon Pay is a service that makes it easy for millions of buyers, who have established a relationship and stored their shopping details with Amazon, connect and transact with merchants, on external merchant sites and applications. Amazon Pay helps merchants to quickly turn visitors into high-value customers, lower acquisition costs, improve conversion rates, and rapidly boost sales revenue. With a relentless obsession for our customers – both merchants and buyers – we are growing rapidly and offer a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility organization that contributes to Amazon’s overall growth. Check out pay.amazon.com/de for more information.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Be responsible for building strategic relationships with e-commerce merchants at the most senior levels. Develop an account plan for building the business. Coordinate functional teams to ensure highest integration standards. Manage complex contract negotiations. Successfully prioritizing the needs of merchant clients in a manner that balances merchant client needs and internal priorities.
· Explore new market segment opportunities. Identify new prospects that benefit from Amazon Pay.
· Partner with internal teams and other Amazon services teams to align programs and initiatives to drive growth. Partner closely with internal and external cross-functional teams to guide the direction of our product offerings. Drive content for internal business communications highlighting various initiatives, successes, and platform improvement opportunities through voice of the merchant.
· Prepare and conduct business reviews with the senior management team on progress, opportunities and roadblocks to closing new customers.
· Be accountable for driving, measuring, and reporting on key inputs and outputs in Salesforce.com and other reporting systems.
· Conduct deep dive analysis on issues affecting the merchant categories and establish a periodic reviews that addresses key business issues
· Bachelor's degree
· 5+ years of experience in sales/business development, e-commerce, payments or retail experience
· Demonstrated ability to negotiate high-value deals with a C-level audience and positively influence the outcome
· Analytical approach to problem solving and a track record of driving results through continuous improvement
· Willingness to roll up sleeves and dig deep to achieve goals
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English
· Track record of managing large enterprise clients or accounts and dynamic account portfolios
· Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
· Ability to juggle multiple competing priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Ability to operate in a complex organization and reach internal agreements on the separation of roles and responsibility
· Independence and flexibility in dealing with multiple complex issues. Strong problem-solving and service orientation.