Senior Research Engineer, NLP / Search (w/m/d)
As a Senior Research Engineer you will work in a cross-functional team to improve Zalando’s Full Text Search. You will apply IR and NLP algorithms and the latest developments in machine learning to deliver relevant search results to our 34 million monthly active users entering 10 million unique full text queries per month.
Your opportunity includes interesting industry challenges in search (understanding the 12+ languages we are serving right now, embedding queries and products to retrieve relevant results) as well as in fashion where influences like trends, fit or personal taste matter.
Along with having access to powerful hardware, a professional ML environment (ML training platform, models in production, existing facilities for offline evaluation and A/B-testing), and a huge amount of historical training data to build advanced and impactful ML models.
Finally learning and growth opportunities: the team’s central role in Zalando’s search architecture, a ML community, collaboration with Zalando’s research and NLP center of excellence, book clubs, company-hosted tech meetups, and the possibility of visiting conferences.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Develop, test and deploy state-of-the-art ML models in the search domain to create fantastic customer experiences.
- Dig your nose deep into the latest search developments. Challenge the status quo by being eager to discuss your thoughts with the professional community.
- Keep up to date with the state of the art in IR, NLP and deep learning (e.g. neural IR).
- Make a positive impact on our scientific culture, encouraging knowledge sharing, and driving technical discussions within the team.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ph.D. and previous working experience (academic or industrial) building ML models ( > 3 years)
- Strong theoretical background in ML (especially deep learning) with practical experience in the areas of IR or NLP.
- Strong programming skills in Python and experience with deep learning libraries such as TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Hands-on character who generates ideas and is fast in trying things out
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
Our recipe to success: Think big and act fast. Your contribution today will influence millions of customers tomorrow. At Zalando, you have the opportunity to work for a fast_ growing international company that wants to offer the world’s best fashion experience. Obviously, we offer you much more:
- An exceptional opportunity to build a next generation Fashion Search Engine
- Use of cutting-edge open source technologies and cloud services
- Learning and growth opportunities: weekly tech talks, team internal book clubs, a machine learning program, company-hosted tech meetups, possibility of visiting conferences and the chance of digging your nose deep into the latest search advancements
- Lots of data and traffic as well as powerful hardware to operate your cluster and learning algorithms
- Employee discount for all Zalando shop products
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests andlanguages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all the applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten