Backend Software Engineer - Payments
As Backend Engineer for Zalando Payments, you will design, develop, test, and operate our core APIs that allow our customers to pay in a secure and engaging fashion. Fashion retail imposes some interesting challenges on the payment experience that we address through tailored deferred payment options and other products. The services you will build in this role control the user experience and steer these processes and directly interface with the merchant systems. You will make sure the product complies with the demanding and high standards of the fintech industry.WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Design, develop, deploy, operate and improve important software solutions that impact millions of customers
- Based on our Microservices architecture, you and your team will own your code and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver, as well operate large-scale applications on PaaS/SaaS cloud (AWS)
- Take ownership for the whole development cycle - from architecture design to testing to implementation and maintenance
- Add value by leveraging current trends in software design, architecture and web services
- A strong mentor, whom encourages knowledge sharing and drives technical discussions within the team.
PERKS AT WORK
- You have a degree in computer science or a related field and have built and operated production services in the past, ideally in the field of e-commerce or payments.
- You are familiar with the Java ecosystem and frameworks (e.g. Spring Boot), as well as Cloud infrastructure, containerized deployment, and persistence layers (e.g. AWS, Kubernetes, Postgres, DynamoDB, etc.). You know how to find your way around microservice architecture, REST services, asynchronous distributed systems, etc.
- We do expect you to embrace the opportunity to actively learn new technologies and practices.
- We are working in a big and complex environment. We expect you to be able to coordinate and communicate effectively with your peers in your team just as well as beyond team boundaries.
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.ABOUT ZALANDO
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Zalando Payments builds the technologies for all financial transactions in the Zalando fashion store and our other consumer facing apps. We work to deliver a flawless user experience in the checkout, as well as processing of payments and reconciliation in the backend. Through smart risk steering we boost conversion and deliver a competitive advantage to our customers, taking in the entire financial process.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten