Head of Applied Science - Pricing Platform (w/d/m)
Machine learning, econometrics, data science and operations research drive our algorithmic pricing platform to recommend discounts for 500K+ articles in 20+ countries. Depending on expertise you will lead some of our science based delivery teams which incl. (1) deep learning based sales and demand forecasting at scale, (2) mixed integer programming based price optimization, (3) image mining based article matching for competitive pricing and (4) incrementality estimation via article based A/B testing and causal modeling.
Join us during an exciting time of growth and interesting long term strategic challenges ahead such as price recommendation for new markets and product categories, article level partner price competition, integration inventory and competitive pricing, holistic steering across premises and channels, incrementality measurement and CLV based steering.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Define the long term strategy and guide research roadmaps for your teams. Align with business stakeholders, product management and engineering leaders.
- Guide team define, build and launch scalable scientific software solutions with high business impact.
- Attract and develop applied scientists and (optional) engineers. Sustain a research culture, scientific problem solving and solution delivery with strong ownership.
- Represent the pricing platform in Zalando’s large science community and initiate cross unit collaboration. Manage our research collaboration with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Masters or PhD degree in a quantitative field. Experience in end to end development and delivery of data driven products.
- 10+ years of practical experience in two of the following domains: Machine Learning, Data Science, Forecasting, Deep Learning, Causal Inference, Algorithmic Pricing, Predictive Analytics
- 5+ years of leadership experience leading applied science teams. Cross functional incl. engineers is a plus.
- Strong collaborator and communicator and ability to work with non-technical business stakeholders to translate business requirements into technology solutions.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open sourcecommitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion and lifestyle, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 35+ million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all the applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten