Business Analyst - Merchant Operations
Zalando is in the process of transforming from a traditional e-retailer to an ecommerce platform, the Partner Program. To enable this transformation, we have formed the Merchant Economics team. They enable internal stakeholders for all analytics and reporting requirements, and facilitates strategic development for the Partner program steering.
As a Business Analyst within our Merchant Operations department you will work with a team who has end-to-end ownership of data analytics projects: define research requirements, work with large datasets to provide actionable insights, use statistical methods and dive deep into the results. Your primary role would involve deep-diving into our vast data sources to develop creative solutions providing insights to our stakeholders.WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Data analysis, reporting and research, KPI definition and data visualisation through storytelling techniques.
- Build and continuously improve a variety of data analysis that add value to our business.
- Develop in-depth understanding for what drives growth for the merchants and how it can be improved.
- Collaborate with our Data Engineering team to get the most out of our existing datasets and ensure usability of data.
- Own projects which incorporate use of statistical methodologies. Drive projects which aim to decrease the risk of potential losses and make our marketplace model more attractive for Zalando and external partners.You will design research plans and, in collaboration with your team, select the most appropriate methodologies.
PERKS AT WORK
- Degree in Statistics/Mathematics/Computer Science or quantitative field (or equivalent experience)
- Proven experience as a data or business analyst, ideally in a fast-paced e-commerce environment. You balance technical acumen with business understanding and excel in collaborating with commercial stakeholders to generate insights.
- Experience in building business cases / simulations and deriving recommendations for actions from the current datasets. Experience in visualizing your data insights with tools like Power BI, Tableau, Microstrategy or Google Datastudio.
- Able to work with large data sets (e.g. with SQL, R or python) to validate business hypotheses (which aim to decrease our lost potential within marketplace business units) combined with a good mathematical and statistics foundation.
- Solid SQL and Python (alternatively: R) skills.
- Strong self-management, hands on and time management skills: you are able to keep tight deadlines, manage multiple stakeholders and are not afraid to present your insights.
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
ABOUT MERCHANT OPERATIONS
Merchant Operations is at the core of the Zalando platform strategy, enabling the world’s strongest fashion brands to sell directly to Zalando’s 25 million European customers. Merchant Operations is responsible for building up our B2B marketplace with all its facets. We are rapidly expanding, with multiple opportunities for Development. We build a data team from scratch with a strong business focus, where collaboration with business owners, product managers and engineers is essential to define the vision and the roadmap to make our platform / marketplace even more attractive for external partners. Furthermore it is our job to decrease lost potential and derive recommendations out of our data with a clear impact.ABOUT ZALANDO
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests andlanguages our teams choose to use.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten